What's new

floor heat boiler

wash wizard

Reaction score
Looking to replace my floor heat boiler, I have 4 s/s bays, and 1 auto, I heat all the bays including the auto as well as the approach mat to the auto and all the approach and exit mats to the s/s bays. Currently have 700,000 BTU Jarco boiler, (20 years old) I had a boiler repair company saying I could get away with a 250,000 BTU Triangle Tube Boiler? Does that sound right? Wondering what others have used, and what boilers some would recommend. I am in Upstate NY and it gets bone chiling cold
Thanks

boywonder

Reaction score
The Triangle Tube Boilers are very awesome. A year ago I replaced 2 40+ year old boilers with about 640,000 btus to a 399,000. Saved a lot of natural gas. Swapped out a 10 year old Raypak with another Triangle Tube in December, its the best thing since sliced bread. With that being said. It all depends on the square footage your trying to heat. If you have any possible expansion plans, Id just do a 399 and be done with it. These things don't come cheap but they are well worth it. Also you can mount these on a wall and save the floor space.

wash wizard

Reaction score
I have the square footage all mapped out, I need to meet the sales rep and have him confirm BTU'S to square footage. I have heard very positive things about Triangle Tube, and it is time to replace the old boiler with something more efficient. I quess it's time to pull the trigger. Thanks for the reply

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
BoyWonder, can you tell me what Triangle Tube boiler product you are using to replace your Raypack? What was the cost? Thanks

boywonder

Reaction score
The one we last replaced was a Raypak 401 I believe. At best those are probably 80% efficent. The Triangle Tube I put in was the 399. Those are rated at 95% efficent. Now cost all depends on what you need to do to swap everything over. I went all the way back to the pex. So that meant everything from the ground up. These units use two pumps, one for the boiler and one to circulate the loop. You can only buy these through dealers or wholesale houses. If the loops are in the floor, Ive priced these systems out from $13,000-$18,000. All depends on material, and the prices have went up over the last year.