What's new

Flojet Oz. per Minute...

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Without getting into a lot of background of what I am trying to do, how many ounces per minute can a flojet pump out of (1) 1/4" line @ 60 psi?

Thanks,

John

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Without getting into a lot of background of what I am trying to do, how many ounces per minute can a flojet pump out of (1) 1/4" line @ 60 psi?

Thanks,

John
I think each situation is unique and will vary with:
1. Viscosity of fluid which may vary with temperature.
2. Length of tubing run
3. Whether tubing just ends or is terminated at some nozzles.

All that being said, based upon my experience I would guess about 5-6gpm at 60 psi without any restrictions. I have clue how te 1/4" tube would affect this.

I think you have to experiment with your runs and terminations and your pump. I bought a large measuring cup and put it at the supply side of the pump and depending on the application turn the pump on for a set period or for a single car. As I said, results vary widely by application. Tunnel Tire Shine runs 4oz per car. Tunnel foamer may run 2 gallons per car.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am thinking about just going the dummy route and taking a direct measurement right at the solenoid bank...

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I am thinking about just going the dummy route and taking a direct measurement right at the solenoid bank...
I am not sure exactly what you are trying to test for. If you want actual usage, you can only find that 2 ways.
1. Trap all the flo at the outlet(s) not always easy deprnding on # and type, or
2. Trap all liquid sucked in during usage. I think this is much simpler.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I bought a plastic measuring cup, that would read in oz and liters up to one liter. I could put the chemical in it and run the pump for a minute and see how much usage of any chemical was.