What's new

Fleck Softener 1700 Brine Assy Parts Advice-Coaching Needed

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Fleck P/N 15415 fitting,insert,1/2",tube & P/N 16123 Nut, Brass fell apart too much so we can't take them to our Local Ace Hdwe to compare & buy local. There is no actual local Fleck dealer that we know of here in Bismarck, ND. We are hoping one or more of this forum's Fleck experts can tell us if these specific Fleck Parts are hardware store available or is it a must goto from Fleck???

We have never ordered parts for our Fleck System & the original seller never was really available for us other than the best price on the original setup. The system is now over 10 years old ... pretty much trouble free other than ... especially after going to the cleaner Morton Clean & Protect pellet salt like some on this forum suggested. We are a bit psyched out on tweaking the time scheduling cams that could possibly save us a bundle on salt.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
ouch ... the massive amounts of info on that site ... hopefully information overload does not finish me off?

I am not seeing the 1700 Brine Assembly System link within their Fleck link.

MEP001

Reaction score
You have the part numbers, just call them and order. You have to ask for the correct injector size anyway.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Good news ... "my go to inhouse repair person mark" went to Ace Hardware & from memory described the brass ferrule & luckily it worked perfect. He has already put that easily installed specific substitute for the Fleck P/N 15415 fitting,insert in place! Ace part # 41291 Comp, Insert 1/2" BRS says on the Ace Hardware receipt ($.99 plus 6 cents gross receipts sales tax). Apparently between Mark's communication skills & the extra good Ace Employee we appear to have come up with a winner & avoided freight & "time required for shipping" if we had ordered the factory specific OEM Fleck brass ferrule.

Sometimes the above approach is not successful ... so I hesitate to brag too much!!! 🤷‍♀️

MEP001

Reaction score
Good news ... "my go to inhouse repair person mark" went to Ace Hardware & from memory described the brass ferrule & luckily it worked perfect. He has already put that easily installed specific substitute for the Fleck P/N 15415 fitting,insert in place!
If you'd said you need the compression ring, nut, and insert like a normal person instead of flooding the text box with "technical jargon" (deliberate misuse of quotation marks), I could have told you that.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
"technical jargon"
I thought to avoid any possible confusion ... I would make sure I used the exact P/N & description as the official Fleck Service-Parts breakdown showed in their specific manual that came with our specific 1700 Fleck Brine Assembly System!!!??? 🤷‍♂️

MEP001

Reaction score
I thought to avoid any possible confusion
I have the manuals with 30 years of extra notes with part numbers for kits, valve assemblies, etc. and I'm not going to pull it out looking for all your "specific part numbers" for your "specific model," but as I said I could and would have told you what you were looking for in literally two seconds if you didn't always try to come across as the replacement Patrick H. Crowe.