What's new

Fill Tank Overflowing

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
The fill tank for my self serve bays is continuing to overflow and it is driving me nuts. It is a fairly new valve (less than a year) and is leaking on the backside a steady stream of water even when the bays aren't calling for water. I closed the feed valve and opened it back up slowly and everything was good until the tank had to fill up again. Any ideas on what might be causing this? I definitely don't want to have to replace the valve if I can avoid it. :confused:

MEP001

Reaction score
What brand valve? Can you put seals in it instead of replacing it?

Are you certain it's the valve and not a check valve in a bay letting cold water from rinse back up?

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I've had numerous headaches with metal valves and finally bit the bullet and put in two Jobe high temp, one inch plastic ones. Good results so far, but it's been only six months on each. If you're going to replace, give them a look.

Good luck.

MC

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I switched from the plastic Clevelands to the 1" Walters 2 stage valve. I've had two of the Walters in service for 2 years and haven't had the first issue. The Walters Valves also eliminated the water hammer issue I was having.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have the Walters valve and it is continuing to do it and looked at my replacement log...entire valve 6 months ago...

MEP001

Reaction score
You can replace just the diaphragm. I use the same one in the auto and the SS, and keep a spare new one and a rebuilt one. It's rare that I have to replace the diaphragm in the SS one in under a year.