What's new

"ffoc & Side" Fault Code On Vector

twoclean21

Reaction score
I keep getting "Carriage Jam" Faults on my Vector and when I go to the list section it tells me "FFOC & SIDE". Its Sunday and I can't get a hold of anyone, so if any one knows what that means and how to get rid of it please let me know. It seems able to be reset for a few washes, then it pops up again.

Thanks,
Tom

Reaction score
Ffoc & Side

hi there. operate a couple vectors and have seen this fault, s here's my guess: literally, the code translates to "finding front of car & side of car." when this has happened in the past, it's been an impending sonar failure. you get the carriage jam because the carriage keeps travelling, looking for the front (or back) of the car to know when to stop. if that sonar is inop or intermittent, the carriage wil keep going until it gets to the end of the rails.

a quick test of this theory would be to swap sonars. take the entry sonar and swap it with the exit sonar. see if the fault follows to sonar. that oughta tell ya if i'm correct.

if not, let me know what new fault pops up, if any.

cheers, sticky

MEP001

Reaction score
It's also possible that someone is pulling forward and parking their rear tire on the treadle. Machines about 6 years old and newer need the rear sonar "broken" to start the wash, otherwise the BACK UP light stays on with their rear tire on the treadle. I've seen a woman at a different wash from ours actually do that, and the machine drove all the way forward and couldn't find the front of the car.

Where is the carriage when it shuts down? Whichever end it quits at will tell you which sonar is the problem.

I've had a couple of strange problems with our Vector that I couldn't figure out and ended up mounting a camera in the bay facing the machine so I could watch what was going on.