What's new

Festoon Problems

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I've been having a reoccurring problem with my Festoons carrying the productivity rinse and 3x foam hoses to my PDQ M5 bridge.

The problem is that they don't seem to last very long (from a few months to as many as 10) before they fall apart at the little wheels or the bearings seize.

I have tried both the non-bearing plastic and the galvanized with steel ball bearings.

I m now going to try and keep the ball bearings lubricated with a squirt of wd40 once a week and I also clean the track with a steal brush once a month.

Anybody else have any suggestions as to up my reliability?

Thks in advance...Big

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
What ever you do...Do not use wd 40....Find a more high quality lube......Preferably one that will solidify into a grease.....

bigleo48

Reaction score
What ever you do...Do not use wd 40....Find a more high quality lube......Preferably one that will solidify into a grease.....
OK...any suggestions? The problem I have with something that is grease like is that it then holds dirt and can have the opposite effect.

Mike

Reaction score
We use to send a product called Triflow with the 4000's for lube on the festoon tracks. I have heard from the field it works well. It comes in a black and orange can now.
A good silicone lube spray would also work.

Regards
Mike

Mike

Reaction score
I have seen operators if they have the bay length to run another piece of B line (the line the carriers roll in) off the back of the machine (towards exit) and run the hose for the productivity on that side, this reduces the weight on the carriers. (splits it bewteen the normal set and extra set going towards exit)

MikeV

Reaction score
You might want to try a product called "Fluid Film" I use it as a penetrant and a lubricant on just about everything. Works well and lasts a long time. Go to "fluidfilm.com".

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
I was going to recommend Fluid Film as well. We recommend this to our Washworld customers for the festoon. I also recommend cleaning and lubricating track monthly.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I was going to recommend Fluid Film as well. We recommend this to our Washworld customers for the festoon. I also recommend cleaning and lubricating track monthly.
Thks! Where do you buy yours in Ontario?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
I actually buy in bulk from my automotive wholesaler. TSC and Canadian Tire both have it on the shelf. Best deal is to buy at TSC when on sale. It's usually $13 a can.