What's new

Feel like I'm held hostage by Google Reviews

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea...these services are a waste of your time. They just encourage keyboard cowboys. If someone does not have enough balls to say it to your face, then they should not be typing it. This is one reason I do not have facebook, snapchat, twitter or any other of those nutty platforms that have turned a bunch of nerds into billionaires. I also still have a flip phone. And no, it is not old--I just got it a couple of months ago.

I pretty much stop caring a long time ago about the whining most of these kinds of people like to spat.
I do agree with alot of what you say, but I still think ( for me, anyway) that Google reviews do matter and that having a decent web presence for your business will improve sales. This is the way business is done and promoted in 2021, like it or not.

MC3033

Reaction score
I believe those who think Google reviews do not matter may be under the wrong impression. My experience is that most people do not know car washes around their area, even sometimes when they drive by. In small towns I’m sure this is different.

As a consume when I’m looking for a service and don’t have a go to place I Google around and check reviews. I’m looking for consistency in bad reviews (ie 10 1 star reviews for all different things indicates customer issue, not business issue) and responses from business (show you care).

Yelp you have a choice not to have a page, and everyone goes on Yelp to be unhappy. With Google you should get some real ratings (good ratings) just by being there

MEP001

Reaction score
I can't see any way to directly link a Google business from Chrome. The web address just shows the search result. I guess I picked a good name for mine because the search goes straight to my page.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Start with the name of your wash and the location and then we can look it up from there

Melomatic

Reaction score
Reviews aren't actually based on your service and have more to do with what you look like online.

I've been able to change the reviews of car washes getting one and two-star reviews to five stars with a three-month social media campaign, updated graphics, and a modern website while everything else stayed the same.