What's new

Febreze in SS Frag/vac

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I was reading thru some older posts and found an idea that I hadnt thought of before but really love.

To those of you who currently offer Febreze thru a Frag machine:

Have you found any problems in doing this? Weather, etc.

Do you use the "off the shelf" from a local grocery store or is there a direct supplier out there?

Scented vs. Unscented/Original?

Thanks. Mentioned this to the boss (wife) and shes loves it. First idea she has supported in a while, so I hope this works.

MEP001

Reaction score
I put Febreze in one selection, mainly because I couldn't find enough different fragrances that people would use. I was buying the twin-pack of heavy-duty stuff at Sam's which came with a 32-oz spray bottle and a 2-liter refill. Unfortunately they no longer carry it, but I got four when they went on clearance so I'm good for a few years. I don't think there's a truly unscented version - even the original has a bit of fragrance to it, but the fragrance doesn't last long.

The two fragrances in the machine are oil-based (Fragramatics brand), but there's been no problem with any gumming in the gun where they probably mix together a little. It sprays just fine through a Fragramatics atomizer. We haven't had a harsh winter since I added it, so I haven't needed to worry about it freezing. I don't know what's in it or what its freeze point is.

It does get used, but it's one of the slowest movers I have. In order of use is cherry in the busier machine, vanilla, cherry in the least used machine, new car, strawberry, pi?a colada, cinnamon, Febreze and then something else which I don't recall at the moment. I had leather and musk, but they hardly got used at all in six months.

I label the Febreze as simply "Deodorizer."

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have had some trouble with my solenoid probably because Febreze is water based. I take it out periodically and soak it in wd-40.

MEP001

Reaction score
Replace it with a Kip and you won't have any more trouble with it.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
That's good to know. Looks like they are about 1/3 the price of the JC too. Thanks

bigleo48

Reaction score
I use Febreeze Auto. No problems so far, but it does freeze in the winter, so I change it back to a frangrance.

BTW, the instructions need to be different for febrezze than a frangrance. Also, you must note that febreeze must not be applied to vinyl or leather.

BigLeo