What's new

Facebook & a Blog?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds. Is anyone using facebook or a blog to promote their car wash? I set one up for our internet business and it is going well. I think that with a little on-site promotion, you could garner up a loyal following and be able to do it for almost nothing. I am going to give it a try and see what happens. I think social networking is the future of advertising.

What do you guys thinks?

MEP001

Reaction score
I think Facebook will shut down your page if you use it for a commercial purpose.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
One of my CW friends asked me to start a page so we could network. There are 5 or 6 of us, but I seldom use it. Maybe if we had more people we would use it more, I don't know :confused:?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Facebook has a way to set up a 'business page' that people on facebook can become fans of. I think it could be a great way to post some how to videos and possibly run some promotions. With something like facebook, you can have a more interactive relationship with your customer IMHO. I didn't have time last night, but I am going to give it a try and promote it at the wash that anyone who signs up as a fan of my page will be placed in a drawing for some free car washes or vending supplies.

MEP: Myspace has a strict policy about businesses having their own profile. Facebook encourages it, their only policy is that you aren't in any of the regular search options i.e. you can't really solicit people to come to your page, they have to become fans of their own volition.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eric Wilson, carwash guy, maintains a super blog that is funny and positive.

what I enjoy about him is that he takes tons of photos and posts daily about his issues, projects and problems.

I've learned from him to relax more and take it all in; good bad and otherwise. good stuff to check out. his link is on the ACF home page at the bottom.

easywash

Reaction score
Advertise on Facebook

I use display advertising on facebook to drive traffic to my Free Carwash promotion website.

The traffic doesn't convert very well but then again I am only paying about $0.25 a click.

LisaLyons

Reaction score
I'm not using Facebook to promote my wash since I have a website but it's an interesting idea. I did start a local website on Facebook for self-serve washes in my area. We were having some breakin's and I thought we might be able to share the pictures from our video and any info that might help us catch the bad guys. I used Facebook's invitation only feature so nobody except invited operators can look at the info. I set up a Facebook page and gave the userid/password to "facebook" challenged friends without their own Facebook pages. It's a start and can't really tell where it will go but it's another way to communicate with each other about what's happening locally.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I finally got my page and my blog set up last night. If you want, just search Bubbles Galore Car Wash on facebook and I should come up.

My ultimate goal is to have good day-to-day interactions with my customers. As a little incentive for people to interact on my blog and my facebook page, I am giving away a year's worth of carwashes (Thanks Pat C. for the idea).

This weekend, I am going to take my video camera up there and show how each function works and why it should be used. I was thinking about doing some type of demonstration of how well the vacuums work....anyone have any ideas for what would look good on video?

Worse comes to worse, I am out a little time, no $ though. I think it will catch on, I have some flyers I am going to post at the wash tonight.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Find something kinda big that the vac can hold while on, like a ball or something. That would look cool.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I always wanted to have someone turn on the vac and have the car disappear as they turned toward the car to vacuum, as if it was sucked up into the vac.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Great ideas! I am going to have to come up with something creative. Maybe we can become a youtube sensation :D

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IB, send me a picture of a vac/& person/& hose with a car in position and I think my guy could do that for you.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
My sister in law said I could stick my nephew in a vacuum. We were thinking we could have him run by when I turn the vac on and then cut to me opening the door and seeing him inside. That might be tragically funny :D

On a different note, we should have a pretty good weather weekend. I posted a bunch of signs at the wash telling people to check us out on facebook. I will let you guys know how it turns out.