What's new

extrutech wall panel cleaning

baywash1

Reaction score
I am a 15 year veteran in the carwash industry. I just built a new wash and used the extrutech wall panels in white. I thought I did my homework in reference to the up keep of the walls. I find that the panels stain easily. Yes, the panels give a bright crisp appearance, and debris washes off easily, but the panels stain. Weekly, I must use a wall cleaner to maintain the panels brightness or they quickly become very dull. Did I cause myself additional labor time by using the extrutech material or is there a better way to keep the panels clean?

Thanks
Chip
Baywash Airline Hwy

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
we are having the exact same panel, they were even sold to us under the pretext they would be simple to maintain. with a 220 conveyor, thats a lot of wall panel to scrub

baywash1

Reaction score
I can see you spraying a cleaner on the panel and washing the panel with 1000 psi pressure washer holding the tip 6" from the panel. Good luck!

On my Automatic wash, it appears that the worst area is at the entrance where the rocker panel blast is installed. My side walls are 30" from the automatic which allows for dirt residue to accumlate on the walls.If you have more clearance you may not have the same issue.

On the SS walls, the stains are to the lower part of the panels. Even the foam brush soap leaves a stain on the panel.

Louise

Reaction score
I am finding the same problem with my panels. Some strong detergent and couple of teenagers and the job is done. Now, once the job is complete, I spray clear coat on the panels. I think this may help somewhat.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
"No, the wall panels are maintenance free. They are so slick nothing sticks to them. Just a little pressure washing and they're back like new."

You may have also heard:

"All you have to do is just go by once a week and pick up the money"

"The check is in the mail "

" I know it's out anniversary, but I don't mind if you go out with the boys tonight."

I still like them, though......

MEP001

Reaction score
Greg Pack said:
" I know it's out anniversary, but I don't mind if you go out with the boys tonight."
From what I hear, when you ask your wife if you can buy a motorcycle, "I don't give a **** what you do" does not mean "yes."