What's new

ExpressKey Users: Anyone out there?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I want to talk to some past or present express key users! Anyone out there have the system or utilized it in the past? I know there has to be some of you hiding in the woodwork!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for pros & cons...if you could change anything about the system, what would it be. Do you have the upgraded software or the basic? I see it is for a self serve, how well has it worked out for you? How do you market it? Do you have the vending kiosk?

Thanks!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bubbles,

I guess I just don't see the point of it anymore (or am I missing something). I think CC acceptors with your own gift/debit/credit cards is the way to go.

Big

Etowah

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Big - I don't disagree, but I am looking for a good way (by good I mean extremely cost effective) way to have credit accounts where I can tap a credit card each month for whatever the usage is. I'm not concerned about the "gift card" approach as much as I am about having a customer loyal to my facility that can wash as much as they like in our new auto and just receive one bill each month.

Thoughts?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bubbles,

I can do that too. I just don't see express key as the way to go...it may be cheaper in the short run, but more in the long.

If you only have one IBA, then unlimited washing is a concern. I believe these types of offerings are more for the multi-IBA and conveyor washes as you could wind up plugging your machines with those accounts and not allowing full price paying customers access.

I provide discount cards to my frequent customers. They select their wash, swipe the card and get the discount, then pay the rest. Just an idea...

Big

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have the Unitec WSII/Wash Pay as I also use the system for my SS and petwash bays.

There are a couple of ways of doing it depending how you want to structure you offering. Like a maximum amount of washes and maximum daily use.

The key to it is not to have this customer pass the key or card around to wash a few cars in one day. So like for a month, he could wash one car every day. But you see where this is going...he can make it a different car and so keep 2 or more cars clean on that key or card.

So I would think this through very carefully.

JLanman

Reaction score
Big - I don't disagree, but I am looking for a good way (by good I mean extremely cost effective) way to have credit accounts where I can tap a credit card each month for whatever the usage is. I'm not concerned about the "gift card" approach as much as I am about having a customer loyal to my facility that can wash as much as they like in our new auto and just receive one bill each month.

Thoughts?
Old thread I stumbled across here. We have a customer that is looking to switch from this system and use our fleet management tools. Did you ever find an alternative solution that worked for you?

Randy

Reaction score
Old thread I stumbled across here. We have a customer that is looking to switch from this system and use our fleet management tools. Did you ever find an alternative solution that worked for you?
Bubbles Galore is long gone, out of the car wash business. His car wash is closed/abandoned and was for sale last time I heard.