What's new

exit door stays open,bay freezes

diamond joe

Reaction score
I realized last night that there is a flaw with my door system/Ryko softgloss. If a customer should do something wrong during the wash process like roll off the treadle, the machine will stop washing and open the exit door.The problem is it will not CLOSE the exit door untill the next customer goes thru the entire process.If there is no next customer and it is 15 degrees outside, you have a problem. Clearly there could be a timer that would overide the system after a minute or so and close the door?Ryko mfg has been no help. any suggestions?

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
What makes your doors close during a normal cycle? My SGXS has a photoeye mounted to the door frame, and when the beam is no longer broken, the door closes. Do you have the door kit on your Ryko, and what kind of doors do you have?

Last edited:

diamond joe

Reaction score
I have air lift doors with ryko controls. during a normal wash, the ryko signals the end of the wash and opens the exit door. as the car leaves it breaks a beam outside the door asnd signals the door to close.
Apparently when the exit door is opened because of an error, this system is over ridden and the exit door will stay open untill the next car goes thru the wash.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
iMy exit door is also synched with a temp. sensor that will shut the doors of they are open after a wash cycle or if a minute passes with them open and the outdoor temp below 30F.