What's new

exit door not opening

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have my doors activated for cold weather and my exit door is not opening after the wash is finished. The entrance door cycles fine and I can open the exit doors manually either with the "open" button or by blocking the eyes. The door works fine that way so it seems that maybe it is not getting the signal to open when the wash is finished. Any ideas as to how to find my problem and what to do about it? Dad thought he had an error code 80 once which is check photo eyes. I don't see any problem there and did not think that the photo eyes would affect the opening of the door anyway. Don't they just affect the closing of the doors?
Thanks!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I wish it was that simple. It's on. I even tried turning it off to make sure I wasn't backwards but no luck. The front cycles, would it open and close correctly if the doors were not activated?

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
Did you check the timer on the open signal? Sometimes if the up signal is too short the door won't open.
Just my two cents.

NJpdq

Reaction score
It may be the relay for the open signal. If you have a handheld for the computer you can try to force on the open output manually to see it would open that way.. Try swapping K70 with K72 they are located in the bay box. The exit door output is 72 open 73 close.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Switched them and it didn't work. Turns out both relays were bad. What are the odds!