What's new

Etowah Valley CC Capture Issues

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Reimbursement was definitely talked about today when I spoke with both Amanda and Mark. Like I said, once I hear anything, I will make sure to post it. If it's happening with both the count up and count down method, then I would be very hard pressed to believe that it has anything to do with our hardware!

Dick Rust

Reaction score
I have also noticed that all my customers were being billed for the $3.00 minimum, for the past few days. Yesterday I was in a bay that shut off at $3.75. When I checked on line last night, no $3.75. All transactions were $3.00.
Thats not good.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We have the same issue. Using revision R2.03, all charges minimum amount of $3 since 12/28/09 at two locations. No recent changes made to either system.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Fired an email off to Amanda less than an hour ago and already received a response. According to her, over the weekend they verified with Bluepay's IT department that it is not a Bluepay issue. She then said they have already been in contact with Etowah Valley and would keep me posted.

In my email, I inquired about the chances of reimbursement. Amanda's response to that question was that Etowah Valley will reimburse merchants who are having this issue.

soapy

Reaction score
I do not see how it can not be a blue pay problem. None of us has changed anything on our equipment. The only common factor on this is the blue pay processing that has changed.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Soapy, I agree with you. I simply was passing along what Amanda had emailed me.

Has anyone talked with Jim at EV? What has he said?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I spoke to Jim this morning around 8:30 and he was fairly confident that it was not the software. I'm not sure what has changed since then, but I was also in contact with Amanda and was told similar things.

Much like you guys, my one and only concern is being reimbursed for these issues...I'm not looking to make money off the issues that they're having, I just want to receive that rest of my money that is owed to me regardless of whose fault the problem is.

captain cw

Reaction score
Having the same issues. Thanks for bringing this up. I would have probably gone another week before I noticed. Please keep this thread alive.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Spoke with Mark Ringdahl last night at around 7 and he said that preliminarily our systems should be up and running...

The problem was with the "tier 1" credit card processor (the one above Bluepay) out in Omaha NE. They were assuming that the second batch transaction that was coming in was some type of duplicate and due to the fraud that is very prevelant these days, they were just cancelling them out.

At this point, I believe that things should be back to normal, but Jim, Mark, and Amanda at Bluepay will be monitoring the system very closely for the next few weeks to ensure that we don't run into this issue again. Mark said that they should be able to track how long each transaction was and refund us the money that we should be paid for each of those transactions. Since they will have to go through and do it manually, it may take a couple of days, but we WILL receive our money.

Hope this answers alot of your questions...

BillClinton

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully switched from Bluepay to another merchant services company and found that they save money? I know that it isn't an easy switch, but possible.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks Bubble for pointing this out. It would likley have been a couple of weeks before I figured out samething was wrong. I bet it would have been much worse for all involved if this went on a couple more weeks. I bet 90% of owners not watching the forum never realized there was a problem at all.

And, I will add that Amanda at Blue Pay has been good to work with. She called me back on the weekend and assured me that reimbursemenr would be forthcoming. She has been very responsive in the past to any questions I have had.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
No problem at all. I would have to say that in spite of the "problem", the resolution has been handled well and am pleased with the outcome.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I got a call back from Amanda that Jim was supposed to refund. But when I talked to Jim he said he didn't think so. I shut my CC down when this happened so I'm not expecting a big refund, but with the merchant fees I'm paying I would appreciate the gesture.