What's new

Etowah Cc Meter Boxes ??

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about Etowah's meter boxes with new CC system and bill acceptors. There were several posts in the past about some purchases but I don't remember anyone posting what they thought after they had installed them. They were also supposed to have wireless systems for the vacs.So.......whats the word?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine. Jim can be a real PITA to get a hold of, but he is always willing to help when you do get a hold of him. Wireless option has kind of been shot down at this point. He is looking into a few things, but at this point he reccomended a hard line for my vac setup.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
Wireless option has kind of been shot down at this point. He is looking into a few things, but at this point he reccomended a hard line for my vac setup.
He told me the same thing, that the vac motors make too much noise for the wireless to communicate properly. He said it's a problem as the motors start to wear, but perhaps new brushes every few months would solve it. I may give it a try. There are also wireless phone bridge devices that are inexpensive and may work on a frequency that isn't as easily disrupted by motor noise, but you would either have to have all devices on one phone line (meaning only one can dial out at a time) or you would need a separate phone line for each device (Too expensive for commercial applications).

kabak

Reaction score
e port is the best choice for vacs you can program 8 different prices cost is $199.00

captain cw

Reaction score
I love mine. I also put his credit card system in my new Standard changer auto cashier. Working great. Jim's a great guy to work with. I also had him put the new Coinco Vantage bill acceptors in. They seem to be as good as advertised. Good luck.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have to disagree with the e-port statement. Until they can figure out a way to bundle their costs, it just doesn't seem as effective to be charged $10/month per unit. Paying service charges is part of accepting cards, but it still has to make sense at the end of the day and that just seems a little over the top IMO.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
Until they can figure out a way to bundle their costs, it just doesn't seem as effective to be charged $10/month per unit.
It could be worse. The e-Xact fees we pay for six bays would cover the cost of 18 e-port terminals, allowing one on each bay and vac, and for less overall cost in hardware.