What's new

Etowa Valley Autodialer on Hamilton ACW5 Autocashier

Etowah

jbrabold

Reaction score
Is there a way to hook up the Autodialer to call when the ACW goes down. Car wash closed, car wash busy or car wash out of service for more than 10 minutes means we need to reset the autocashier and fix the problem. We never know about the problem now until we see it when we arrive. We have two locations and sure as we leave for one the other has a problem. Hoping that the Autodialer could be the solution and call us when there is a shut down.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Have you called and talked to Jim to see if that will work? He should be able to give you an answer pretty quick.

jbrabold

Reaction score
The quick answer is that my business partner already has ordered one for the above mentioned situations and he did not talk to Jim only to an order taker. Therefore I am sure he does not know if it will work or not. He is assuming it will. I contend that since there is no actual mechanical switch or mechanical function that occurs when the autocashier goes down that it will not be possible for the unit to send us a phone message. The only thing that occurs is a message on the readerboard from the controller that states the down condition of the unit. I guess we will find out when it arrives.

Reaction score
There should be a set of wires in the acw that come on when the acw goes to out of service, I have wired an ACW 5 up to a customers alarm system and had to use a delay relay set at about 10 min then it would close and send the signal the alarm system the customer loves it.

Do you have an alarm system at you wash if you do you can hook it up to that.

MEP001

Reaction score
What sort of problems are you having that shut your auto down so frequently? I would look into correcting the problem(s) before finding a way to be notified.

jbrabold

Reaction score
Thanks CW Systems Inc for the info. I will attempt to locate those wires you referenced. No we do not have an alarm system. Since we went to Token dispensing in our changers and Autocashiers five years ago our theft attempts immediately dropped to zero so we don't see the need for an alarm system. What can they get? Some tools maybe?

To MEP001, Thanks for the advice. We have been chasing this problem for a while and have replaced many components thinking that each would be the answer. Still the wash unit will occasionally shut down. Never happens when we test, always after we leave. Also we have enough shut downs with the Autocashier itself exclusive of the In Bay equipment that we would like a call when they go down. We have four Hamiltons at two locations so there is always something going on with one of them every month.

Randy

Reaction score
What issues are you having with your Hamilton equipment? Why are the ACW going off line? Or what shut down codes are you getting?