What's new

Electrical issue to high pressure pump

Etowah

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Bay high pressure not working. When you start bay, low pressure functions work and timer appears to function as it should. I have 240v at the top of the grey thing but not at the bottom where it feeds the pump 240v with the switch on soap...any ideas?

Attachments

Don B.

Reaction score
The gray thing is your motor starter relay. It’s activated by 24 volts from your rotary switch in the bay for wash, rinse and wax selections. Check and see if it’s getting 24 volts when these functions are selected. It’ll be the wire that says mtr. coil, the #3 wire.

Don B.

Reaction score
Also, check the thermal overload, that round spring looking thing that’s screwed to it on the left side. That’s basically a fuse. It looks like there’s another one in the box below it. Make sure it’s not burned in half. That will cause you to lose power to the bottom. But only if you’re familiar, and comfortable with working on high voltage! That also looks like a reset button on the bottom, the square white button.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
I think I've gotten a loose wire somewhere in the meter box. Initially we had low pressure functions but after messing with the wires I've lost that. We ran 24v to the brown wire at the botom of the starter and it started the motor.

Don B.

Reaction score
I think I've gotten a loose wire somewhere in the meter box. Initially we had low pressure functions but after messing with the wires I've lost that. We ran 24v to the brown wire at the botom of the starter and it started the motor.
Yep! sounds like a connection problem.

Car Washer

Reaction score
Scott, This is an old post, but wondering what the fix was? I am having the same issue now in one bay. LP works...HP doesn't. I got it running for a few days by tightening the connections in the meter box. Then stopped working again. I am thinking it is the rotary switch.

Randy

Reaction score
Scott, This is an old post, but wondering what the fix was? I am having the same issue now in one bay. LP works...HP doesn't. I got it running for a few days by tightening the connections in the meter box. Then stopped working again. I am thinking it is the rotary switch.
Get out your volt meter and check for 24 volt power at your motor contactor when the rotary switch is set on a high pressure function. If you have power there then you have a problem with your motor contactor. If you don't have 24 volt power at the contactor you've got problem in the coin box or the wiring from the bay.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
We had a wire come off a terminal block in the meter box. Nothing big, just didn't see it the first time i looked.

Car Washer

Reaction score
Ended up replacing the rotary switch. All good for now.