What's new

Electric supply rates

washnvac

Reaction score
Has anyone placed their electric supply rates out on bid? I just got a competative bid from a company called Direct Energy. The supply quote for my three meters in Maryland was .097/kWh for the next twelve months. My previous twelve months was .11722/kWh for the average. This will save me about $6249 based on the pevious twelve months. I used 309,050 kWhs the last twelve months. Has anyone used this company; any pros/cons of switching; any problems, etc.? Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. Ofcourse, they are salesmen and they tell me any delay in signing the contracts and rates could go higher. I am thinking maybe they could go lower, too. Thanks in advance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use them and have been happy with the savings. I have experienced a decent drop in my bills, y.t.d., over f.y. 2008.

However, I also built a new and smaller detail shop. I moved into it and out of a rented location last Oct. and my former landlord used my old shop as his personal detail shop/hang out as soon as I left each night, so the fact that I control my elec. usage more now is a factor in my savings. Funny, when I told him that he was costing me alot of $ by being in there each night he gave me a puzzled look and said:'how???". Not too bright.;)

Oh, and I also run more efficient lighting and installed a photo-eye shutdown of my IBA's blowers, which has been great at saving $.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have to look at bill and they aren't with me. Get back to you.