What's new

Dual Boom Conversion to Single Boom

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have the following boom set up in my bays. I would like to go to a dual wall mount boom like this. I am not sure what I should do with the orginal foam brush boom. Should I just leave it up there with no hose attached?

I was contemplating removing the foam brush boom and using a tubular spacer to move the HP boom up higher. Now that I'm writing this out, it sure does seem as though I'm making more work for myself...

Thoughts?

MEP001

Reaction score
I would check and see if you can replace just the spindle with a standard one and remount just the high-pressure boom to it.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
The only reason I do t want to do that is because the through bolts that hold the spindle are underneath my ballasted rubber roof. I need to reuse the spindle to minimize the amount of extra work for the modification.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of the dual boom setup? Is it to gain more overhead height?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I have the Dual Wall Mount Boom like you linked to. The pivot holes are drilled at an angle so the booms always return to the wall. I think this design helps from making a tangled mess out of the hoses. I have FB and Tri-Foam on mine...

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you want to get rid of the dual boom setup? Is it to gain more overhead height?
No, not really. More often than not, the hoses get tangled quite easily. The way the foam brush boom is manufactured, there are gaskets that end up dry rotting and leaking solution down the spindle. The gaskets are roughly the same price as the dual mount and I wouldn't have to mess with it again...

Reaction score
No, not really. More often than not, the hoses get tangled quite easily. The way the foam brush boom is manufactured, there are gaskets that end up dry rotting and leaking solution down the spindle. The gaskets are roughly the same price as the dual mount and I wouldn't have to mess with it again...
What i did once is drill and tap the foam brush hole and ground it so the spacers would fit back on and removed the foam boom section on the unit.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What i did once is drill and tap the foam brush hole and ground it so the spacers would fit back on and removed the foam boom section on the unit.
So I understand correctly, you just left the spacers in and removed the boom section? I was thinking of just using a torch to cut it off...quick and easy!