What's new

Dryer Positioning

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
We had a MarkVII choice wash installed in March of 2022. One thing I wish we did when installing was move our old dryers. We want to move them toward the exit more, so we can extend the travel of the machine. Currently it doesn't do a great job on the back of a longer truck or SUV, we need about 18 more inches for it to accommodate those size vehicles.

If we point all three dryers straight down, will it still dry as well or do the outside ones need to be angled for the best result. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

washnshine

Reaction score
If we point all three dryers straight down, will it still dry as well or do the outside ones need to be angled for the best result. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Pointing the outside blowers straight down will inhibit their ability to dry the sides of the car. The 45° you have them set it is the most common and preferred angle for a three blower system. You can start to get creative when you are using 5, 7, 10 etc. set ups, because there is redundancy and room for overlap. With just three fans, you are limited in your positioning options. Why would you want them pointed straight down?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I flipped the 2 outter dryers. Then the nozzles angle from the bay wall & hit the sides of the cars better. It absolutely helped.
I don't know why everyone doesn't do that.

Last edited:

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Pointing the outside blowers straight down will inhibit their ability to dry the sides of the car. The 45° you have them set it is the most common and preferred angle for a three blower system. You can start to get creative when you are using 5, 7, 10 etc. set ups, because there is redundancy and room for overlap. With just three fans, you are limited in your positioning options. Why would you want them pointed straight down?
The reason I asked about pointing them straight down is if we move them closer to the exit, we either have to move the outside or would have to move to two outside dryers in to get enough travel for the machine.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Best thing is to buy another frame, mount outside the bay, & increase throughput by 2 cars/hr.
Then, Id definitely flip the outside blowers to opposite sides. Will improve Drying tremendously!

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Best thing is to buy another frame, mount outside the bay, & increase throughput by 2 cars/hr.
Then, Id definitely flip the outside blowers to opposite sides. Will improve Drying tremendously!
Thanks for the input. Does moving them outside the bay improve throughput because the next wash can start sooner? Also, does flipping the outside dryers allow for better positioning to improve drying?

Good Moody

Reaction score
I coincedently am trying to achieve the same thing with only three blowers, Im considering moving them outside but I'm concerned about the noise they will create and potential complaints from property abutters?

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
I came across some dryer silencers, but don't know if that is something we can add to ours. I think our location would be fine with the noise, there isn't any one close by to bother.

SudsnShine115

Reaction score
Greatly improved throughput & drying efficiency for us.
Glad to hear, we are definitely looking into getting it all moved, probably after pollen season. What contributes to the greater through put, the fact that the next car in line can start the wash sooner? Also just curious what switching the fans does to increase drying? I was planning on doing this anyway as it seems like you can get better positioning.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Glad to hear, we are definitely looking into getting it all moved, probably after pollen season. What contributes to the greater through put, the fact that the next car in line can start the wash sooner? Also just curious what switching the fans does to increase drying? I was planning on doing this anyway as it seems like you can get better positioning.
Basically
Yes & Yes to each question. You pretty much answered both questions