What's new

Dry Rug Beaters, Best One?

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

Looking to ad a dry coin op rug beater at my SS vacs (I know...not a big money maker).

Many brands to choose from (Dralco, Big Brusher, etc).

Any comments on having them year-round in the cold & snowy North East? What model is the best.

Cheers...Big

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've always wondered why the term is "rug beater". Who uses the term "rug" any more? When I do, I am referring to a bad hairpiece. Cars don't have rugs they have carpet. The carpet can't be removed and run through a machine, only the mats can. Hey, maybe if they called it a "mat cleaner" they may sell more machines and maybe they would get used a little more. Am I way off base here?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have a big brusher by JKO.

Mine is free for anyone to use. I figured it would hopefully pull traffic to my wash and offer a greater return through the customer vacuuming than trying to sell it as a coin op service. It's about 2.5 years old and it's time to do some work- new brushes and machine adjustments, etc....

Mats do occasionally get stuck-every few weeks or so. The lighter mats used by some mfgs. made out of foam-like material do not do well in there either. I live close by my wash so it's usually not a big deal to go get them. But if you visit infrequently it will be an occasional pain. In that case maybe the old style Dralco rug beater might be the best choice.