What's new

DRB Systems vs ICS

skogies

Reaction score
Hi. We are about to do a large rebuild of a site and are deciding between using DRB or ICS as our POS. I am looking for feedback on both systems from users. Anyone have an opinion on how the two systems stack up against each other? Many thanks in advance.

bonanza1

Reaction score
Hi. We are about to do a large rebuild of a site and are deciding between using DRB or ICS as our POS. I am looking for feedback on both systems from users. Anyone have an opinion on how the two systems stack up against each other? Many thanks in advance.
I have DRB system in service for about 16 month ,no problems ,the only time i had to call was to reset time in computer great people.

easywash

Reaction score
DRB Vs ICS

Skogies give me a shout if you want to talk about the options, ask George Porter for my number or just Private Message me ...

Either way you need to be aware of the upcoming EMV requirements that are now in effect in Canada and become MANDITORY in 2015.

All the Canadian Operators out there we need to band together and make sure the Teller Manufactures have this on their radar. This is a very serious issue for us but as of now I can't get anyone to listen :(

ICS Is NOT upgrading their software for Canadian Customers who use Autobilling and I haven't heard anything back from DRB yet regarding my request for info on EMV compliance.

The last thing anyone wants to do is purchase a VERY expensive teller system and have it be obsolete in 5 years.

http://emvcanada.ca

Geoff

jfmoran

Reaction score
Ask for references

Both systems have their pluses and minuses. Highly suggest calling each company and asking for a list of operators near you that you can go and visit and ask pointed questions about each system. No one system is perfect.

buda

Reaction score
Without question and a doubt ICS. They were the company that invented the pay terminals for carwashes and they are car wash operators. They understand what you go through.

Their service and support is personal, and they go the extra mile to assist you and do not have their hand in your pocket everytime you call for assistance.

I utilized dual Auto Sentry's in my express/exterior and when we had a problem they solved it quickly. The support was more important to me than the system, which I did not understand anyway.

I think if you compare apples to apples you will see the Auto Sentry's are more customer friendly and operator friendly.

And ICS people are friendly. No better people than Kevin Detrich the owner, Brian Bathe and Jim Rowland the people I worked with.

Regards
Bud Abraham

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
As someone above stated they all have their problems. I have ICS and if I knew what I know now, I would have spent that 30 grand on something else. All systems have their quirks but ICS has more than I can stand. I like the tunnel master jr. It does a good job. I just don't like it when I have a problem and no one can figure it out.