What's new

Dollar Bill Validators

ALMO

Reaction score
Ok, like I had stated in a previous post, I am new to the SS business.
I am currently rehabbing a car wash that I picked up on a foreclosure sale.

I purchased a used Standard 600 FST bill changer. I know, not the best brand but it came with the equipment I bought.

So, if I were to pick up a Mars or Coinco validator, is that all I would need to make this unit "good"?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks for the help.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I do not know much about Standard, but if an upgrade kit to a Mars validator exists for your unit it will be very reliable. I have upgraded both Hamilton and Rowe units to Mars validators and most of my problems went away after the upgrade. Check with Jim at Etowah Valley Equipment and I also think Randy on this site also sells upgrade kits.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
To find anyone here, use search in Nav bar, do advanced and type in their handle.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Ok, like I had stated in a previous post, I am new to the SS business.
I am currently rehabbing a car wash that I picked up on a foreclosure sale.

I purchased a used Standard 600 FST bill changer. I know, not the best brand but it came with the equipment I bought.

So, if I were to pick up a Mars or Coinco validator, is that all I would need to make this unit "good"?

Again, sorry for the dumb questions.

Thanks for the help.
Almo,

We were always told by Standard that the Standard 600 Series bill changer was more heavy duty than their less priced machines & supposedly most other bill changers. We are not that familiar with the other brands but we seem to have had reasonably good going with our 600EF & the support at Standard. We have our two 600EFs indoors though --- inside our laundromat so that might be a factor --- I am not sure. I think I have more audit & network connectivity feature capability than most ---- there again I am not sure. There are others familiar with many brands --- I have never seen a tracking ability etc. comparison chart --- which would be nice for comparing the brands side by side.

MJ

99Roadking

Reaction score
Iowa Changer

Call the guy at Iowa Changers. He is a great guy as well as manager, customer service and owner. We had a terrific experience with this company.