What's new

Dog Wash Setup

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am wondering how I should plumb my bay that I am going to be closing off for the dog wash. There are three bays that feed into this one before it goes into the sewer. I am open to any suggestions that anyone has.

Mitch

Reaction score
Bubbles, This is what I have seen: a steel plate over the pit with maybe a half inch gap around the edges to drain washdown water (this is not a trench pit). This wash has a chain link fence to divide the bay into two and the 1 1/2 inch drain line from the tubs follows the fence into the pit. From what I saw, this setup works fairly well and is lots cheaper and easier than digging in concrete to bury the drain. As for input, if your washes are two or more bays over from the equipment room, then you should consider recirculating your hot water out to the bay. Customers and their pets cannot stand waiting on the warm water. Hope this helps, and I am sure there are better ideas out there. Mitch

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bubbles,

Our dog wash has a ways to go yet but we put in a sloped Zurn trench & custom cut the cover with a 7/16" plastic material from Menards & drilled tiny 1/8" holes. We are thinking that will make dealing with the hair easier with a broom as needed. Any experienced dog wash operators have any opinion about that approach with the drain covers?

mac

Reaction score
I would like to her from operators of these if they are getting a return on the investment that would make you do it again. I've seen several dog washes but never much traffic at them. What are your results?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have been putting the finishing touches on my business plan and it looks like this is going to run me in the neighborhood of about $22-25k to get this all in and running. Yikes! I better be washing a serious amount of dogs.