What's new

Dog Wash Entry Setup

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am setting up the plans for our dog wash and I wanted to get some opinions on how I should set up our entry system. I want to make the door such that it can be set to open using some type of magnetic lock and a timer. My wife and I work full time and won't be available to open the dog wash up in the mornings. My alarm guy has some systems, but they seem overly complicated for what we are looking to do. Hopefully I can get some good advice so I can help to control the costs during construction.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am in the process of converting a bay too and have not found much information on this. I know the laundromat guys use time locks all the time. I am calling a local rep I know from the laundromat supplier tomorrow to see if he can give me some info. I will pass it on when I get it.

Randy

Reaction score
I?ll talk to my son about these types of locking devices. He was a commercial door technician before he was laid off. I know he knows about them, we?ve talked about them before.

Shorco1

Reaction score
We have a dog wash at one of our locations. The door has a magnetic locking system on a timer. Your local window and door supplier more than likely will have what you need. The alarm system automatically arms 1 hour after the door locks and disarms when unlocking in the morning. If the door locks while the customer is there the customer pressed a paddle to open the door and exit. There are signs indicating hours and last dog wash time. We've not had a problem in 4 years. Most commercial laundries have similar systems

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I will have to get with a few of the local door companies and see what it is exactly that I will need.