What's new

Does Cryptopay keeps track of Total dolloar amount combined from the coins and bills ?

safari_CW

Reaction score
We just bought a carwash and this is our first one. Card reading swipers (Cryptopay) are worn out and need a replacement. Trying to find out if there any new upgraded devices that reads cards and also keep track of the total dollar amount of Coins & Bills deposited ?

My understanding (Which could be wrong) is that, Latest Cryptopay devices can track the total amount of coins & bills. Am i wrong ? If so appreciate if someone enlightens me on how to get this functionality implemented.

MEP001

Reaction score
The newer readers have two gray wires that connect to your coin and bill acceptors. If they're wired together and send the same credit value pulse to the timer, it will count both. If the coin and bill acceptor are connected to different credit inputs to the timer, Cryptopay can't track them both, but the timer (assuming Dixmor DX2000-2) will track both.

You have to add analytics through Cryptopay to implement it.

CentralTex

Reaction score
Folks, I am quite new to the industry as well as Cryptopay. We just installed new machines this month with credit card swipe as well bill acceptors. FWIW, I have spoken to Diane over at cryptopay (November and December 2020) and she has told me on numerous times that they do not count the bills. Bills are converted to pulses and counted as quarters. We have the analytics and its shows coins and cards, that is it. Hope that info is helpful. If she tells you something different, please let us know.

MEP001

Reaction score
Folks, I am quite new to the industry as well as Cryptopay. We just installed new machines this month with credit card swipe as well bill acceptors. FWIW, I have spoken to Diane over at cryptopay (November and December 2020) and she has told me on numerous times that they do not count the bills. Bills are converted to pulses and counted as quarters. We have the analytics and its shows coins and cards, that is it. Hope that info is helpful. If she tells you something different, please let us know.
Cryptopay does not have a separate input to track bills, but if your bill pulses go to the timer tied together as coin pulses, they are counted, just not separately as bills. Cryptopay only counts the coin pulses and cannot distinguish between coins and bills in this scenario.

CentralTex

Reaction score
MEP, thanks for the clarification. It might have helped if I read the original question closer :) I thought the OP was asking if the system could tally the $'s separately from the coins. My fault. Happy New Year to everyone.