What's new

Do the Home Show?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does anyone display their wares (services, etc.) at the local home show?:)

Mine is coming up and I need to decide. It's $150 for a booth at the 1 day event. The local radio station is also running a tie-in ad special for another $100.

Of course there is the time commitment on my part and with employees. I did one years ago and recall being quite bored. But maybe I just didn't know how to approach it back then and could capitalize more now on the opportunity to get new customers(carwash) and generate sales (detail shop).

What say you?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I haven't been to a home show in 15 yrs. I think they are even boring to go to.
I think around here every spring there are hundreds of new contractors, that want to get a few jobs, and their name out. Some of them offer some pretty good deals on things, but sometimes not alot of quality. We have one that is better in that a car dealer has a new car show with wine and Hors doeurves.
The have all the latest porsches, MB, and Audi. It would be even better for a detailer.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
As small as your town/area is I'd think that if you printed a nice looking brochure, and hold a drawing for a TV, you would get you message out pretty reasonably.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bill

Do you mean do this at the homeshow or separately at my place?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
at the home show. Of course, have the brochure at your show too. I would say that you reasn to do it is to educate new customers. You could hand out coupons, but that is sometimes considered down grading your service.