What's new

Dixmor WEep Mizor

washregal

Reaction score
Anyone have a PDF manuual on the weep Mizor. I need to reset this.. and put it in fail safe mode.. Can anyone walk me through this.

My readout is reading -22 deg F. I know that is not right. Anyone have these similar situations with the Dixmor?:eek:

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
http://www.dixmor.com/products/DX1000/dx1000a.htm

Did someone mess with the "fine tuning" temperature adjustment screw behind your sensor? It is located behind the sensor under the jelly. At -22 F it sounds like a broken wire.

I'm not sure about this but……

The "Fail Safe Mode" works when your sensor works, it isn't a backup system.

bigleo48

Reaction score
As some of you may know, you can hook up 2 sensors to the weepmiser. Since one location isn't always best, the weepmizer will look at both sensors and pick the coldest tem. It also works as a backup should one fail.

BigLeo

Twodose

Reaction score
2 sensors a good idea, but if only one fails, how would you know, since one would still be working the Controller would give no indication that a sensor is bad.

Still a good idea to use 2 sensors.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Disconecting one at a time, once a year, as part of your Fall checks to prepare for winter.

BigLeo

Rudy

Reaction score
-22 degrees indicates either a bad sensor, or a break in the sensor wire. I've had this several times over the years, and found a broken wire every time. If you find a wire broken, it's best if you solder the joint, however, I've used wire nuts to get me through a busy time until I had time to do it right.....

Randy

Reaction score
The Dixmor Weepmizer temperature cable isn?t too expensive, there about $39, I try to keep one on hand.

Since we are talking about Weepmizers. Take a look at where your Weepmizer is installed in your equipment room. Is it near or by any thing that could spray or drip water on it? They are not water proof or very water resistant. Since August I?ve replaced or repaired 6 Weepmizers that have gotten damaged by water. Every one of them could have been prevented if they would have mounted it away from the equipment or installed it in a enclosure.