What's new

Dixmor LED5 & LED7 Remote Question

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We were told that any universal remote would work with the LED7s & LED5s so we bought a reasonably priced $9 RCA Model 3 universal TV remote that had the Sony compatibility. We followed Dixmor's instructions precisely & there is no response when we enter the 2 available Sony codes on the RCA. We also tried the auto on the remote for seeing a response & still no sign.

Should we get discouraged? We tried this specific remote on several brand new Dixmors & without any lexan or stainless between the Dixmor & the remote. Can anyone share the name & model number of a specific common universal TV remote that would tend to be more likely to work? The tiniest possible would be nice also.

We would prefer to go to a local store on this particular part unless others have struck out also & finally broke down & ordered from a car wash distributor. Please let us know as soon as possible. We might give up on using any remote for the Dixmors & just use the 2 manual buttons on the rear to sequence the different settings etc.

MJ

Randy

Reaction score
You need a universal single device remote. I've sold hunderds of them over the years. Single device remotes are getting hard to find now.

MEP001

Reaction score
The instructions with the remote should tell you how to make it work with a product not on the list. I've had to do it with an RCA remote. Instead of entering a code you "scroll" through them one at a time and press the Power button until it activates the device.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
When I first switched from the $40 Dixmor remote to the $10 RCA remote I had to search for the code just as MEP described. The instructions on how to search are on the inside of the battery cover.

PM me and I’ll share the 3 digit code that works on my LED5’s

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Remote differences?

From your guys experience, does the remote have to be aimed directly at the Dixmor LED7 or 5 READOUT? We did finally get one of the brand new LED7s to work with the searching process. It just seems kind of time consuming to set up with the remote that I described. Are the dedicated $40.00 Dixmor Remotes more straightforward & less finicky to set up? Are they smaller in dimension to make it easier to carry if using for bay washdown etc?

Thanks

MJ

MEP001

Reaction score
It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to find the right code for the Dixmor, and you only have to do it once. You don't have to enter every code one at a time out of a possible 10,000, you just go into the program mode in the instructions, press a key (usually Channel Up) and press Power to see if it works; if it doesn't, repeat until it works. Yes, while you're programming it you have to aim it at the display, but the aiming isn't finicky.

The Dixmor remote is smaller than most of the universal ones - it's actually a universal remote with a decal covering the brand name on the front.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
My RCA remote works from about 15’ away except for when I get direct sun on the face of the meter box. When this happens I usually have to stand where I block the sun and point the remote directly at the LED5 from only an inch away. Since you now have the code, I would investigate the remote and find what that code is. I would then write it down someplace safe. Every now and then my remote loses its code (usually when the batteries die) and I have to reprogram. I scratch my code into the back of the remote.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Now we have an internal Remote Code but how I do we know what it is?

My RCA remote works from about 15’ away except for when I get direct sun on the face of the meter box. When this happens I usually have to stand where I block the sun and point the remote directly at the LED5 from only an inch away. Since you now have the code, I would investigate the remote and find what that code is. I would then write it down someplace safe. Every now and then my remote loses its code (usually when the batteries die) and I have to reprogram. I scratch my code into the back of the remote.
Mep & Jim L,

We may be extremely dense so please bear with us.

There is an IR signal that is between 2 devices that neither displays the code. When the power button goes on from the remote the Dixmor shows 0000, then we enter the programmed code for the Dixmor but that is not the code for the RCA Remote. How can we see the actual code the RCA Remote has signaled to the Dixmor to get the 0000 on the Dixmor to come up in the first place? We tried the 3 digit code Jim L --- PM'd me & it didn't work.

On http://rcaaccessories.com/BrandCode.do website our RCA Model # RCR312W --Product type TV ----says has the following 4 Sony codes 10810, 11685, 1002 & 1218. We tried all of these & none worked for us but probably one of those would have worked for a Sony TV though but not the Dixmors.

Since one of our older Ebay Dixmor LED5s don't respond from the same code we are thinking we can do a search with the VCR instead of the TV & be aware of the different specific older Dixmor LED5 on a Vacuum. We won't know what that code is unless you guys enlighten us on how to actually see the code in the Remote's memory once it works. Once we find out the actual code we will keep it a secret ---- just in case ---- expecially since I now have divulged the RCA model # we are using.

Thanks again.

MJ

Randy

Reaction score
Mike, your making this a lot harder than it is. I'll call you and explain how it works.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Go with Randy on this one. He knows more than the average smuck when it comes to electronics.

Sorry Randy…in no way did I mean to compare you to a smuck…it just came out that way. :D

MEP001

Reaction score
I see where the confusion lies now. The code you're entering is in the REMOTE, not the timer. As I mentioned before, use the instructions included with the REMOTE to program the REMOTE to work with an unlisted device. When you do this, you will go into the program mode on the REMOTE and press a specified key and then press the power button on the REMOTE while you're pointing it at the timer. When the timer displays the 0000 to enter a code, you have now properly programmed the REMOTE. Save the setting as instructed in the manual and you're good to go. Once the Dixmor displays the 0000, DO NOT enter any code, just complete the programming instructions as indicated in the manual.

Happycarz

Reaction score
For everyone looking for the DixMor remote, Randy now has them in stock. Being the nice guy that he is, he is selling them for $15.00 plus shipping. I wear one out every 12 - 18 months, so I'm glad he found a source for them. These are the ones I used to get directly from DixMor.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Just click on his name on one of his posts.. That will bring up links to send him an e-mail or PM.
What Pat said, just don't catch him when it is meal time, nothing and I mean nothing will get in the way of Randy eating!:D

Flwcoche

Reaction score
Dixmore timer remote

You need a universal single device remote. I've sold hunderds of them over the years. Single device remotes are getting hard to find now.
Greetings Randy,

I wou like to purchase the Dixmore remote from you, please contact me when you can

thank you

Frank