What's new

Disclaimer Signs

traveler17

Reaction score
So I have read past discussions on this site about disclaimer signs and I’m curious, particularly for soft touch washes. Do any of you guys or gals have any disclaimer signs saying “we are not responsible for any damages due to wide variety of vehicles” or basically “enter at your own risk”. I currently have 2 signs on each soft touch automatic on site that states the “not responsible for antennas , mirrors, after market parts etc…”. I’m leaning towards changing but would like to hear everyone’s thoughts about this. The other day I got a call saying the top brush busted the rear glass on a 15 y/o Tahoe. when the rear hatch glass got underneath the dryers it popped the entire back window off and shattered when it hit the ground. I
Obviously told her I’m not paying for that because of obvious reasons and said to have her lawyer call me when she threatened. Anyways it got me thinking about signs and wanted everyone’s input on keeping what I currently have or get new ones saying basically enter at your own risk. Thanks for any and all feedback!!!

washnshine

Reaction score
Many operators will set a disclaimer on vehicles over a certain age.. 5/7/10 years - whatever you want. Claiming no responsibility for vehicles past a certain age will eliminate many claims.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think my disclaimer excludes antenna, any non factory item or finish, vehicles over ten years old, and vehicles with pre existing damage. I am flexible on the antenna disclaimer but have it in case a car with know issues (hyundai/kia/genesis shark fin antenna) comes through.

traveler17

Reaction score
I think my disclaimer excludes antenna, any non factory item or finish, vehicles over ten years old, and vehicles with pre existing damage. I am flexible on the antenna disclaimer but have it in case a car with know issues (hyundai/kia/genesis shark fin antenna) comes through.
Yeah those shark fins are the worst!!