What's new

Dilling & Harris

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Normally, I don't comment on the stupidity of companies. If it happens to be one of our sponsors (usually an employee) I call them directly.

Last week, I got a call from a Bob Ritz saying that he couldn't figure out how to register, I called him and helped with the issue. Then today, I find multiple post by this Bob Ritz and a Josh Handyside that are spamming the Forum. Its obvious that it is people from Dilling & Harris. early this morning, there was only one and I deleted it and emailed Bob Ritz that we didn't allow self promotion.

I return from the dentist to find a bunch of new blatant "ads to contact them for all of your needs and 6 PMs to members. So I call them to have a chat with Mr. Ritz, turns out there is no Mr. Ritz.

So here is a company that was bought up last year and since that time according to many of their current customers, can't get any service, return calls or parts that they have paid for. Then they find it necessary to use fictitious names to register, so they can entice you to buy their products.

Obviously, your decision to buy anything from this company, is up to you, but I think it is safe to say that you won't be seeing them being a sponsor of the Forum anytime in the future.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Sad but true Bill. They have also spammed the PC&D bulletin board and Kate has left it up all day long.

I visited the D&H factory and met the owners many years ago during a junket I managed to get included on when I did some marketing for a PDQ distributor in Florida who sold their self-service equipment. Nice people and good products.

I don't know the reason why the owners sold, but the current bunch seem more like slickers.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
It is ashame that a Mfg. has to act like this, I have some D&H bay meters and really like them but if I ever have to replace any of them you can bet it will not be with a D&H product.
I have had to deal with the new grant company since they purchased D&H, and so far the results have not been good.
The only good I can see happening, here is that Grant destroys the customers relationship and sells the co. to someone else and they realize what they have and turn it around.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Just for the record, it appears that they also own the carwash store, so beware. One of you contacted me that their PM offered to sell some Hamilton equip. "cheap"

mac

Reaction score
At one time in my illustrious career I worked for Harry Bauge, the present D&H owner. He let his daughter and son in law run a very profitable Ryko distributorship into the ground, and he seems bound to do the same again.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Its a bitch trying to keep you kids off welfare. A successful friend of mine is still supporting 3 of 5 of his kids and they are in their 40s.

bigleo48

Reaction score
To me, their Vend-Master vending machine speaks volumes of DH. Poorly designed, made, rolled out and supported. Four strikes and your really out!

BigLeo

P

Patrick H. Crowe

Bill:

I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically support what you have done for Dilling Harris. To me they have earned, merited and deserve what you told us about them. I also note that other posters agree and not a word has been said in their support.

My question is why don't you do more of this? I'll offer one example.

The golden dollar coin! As you know one journal, with reckelss abandon to journalistic integrity, published a paid for special edition in support of the clear foolishness. Absurd! Embarrassing. But then the owner has never owned a car wash, was given the paper and made some bucks doing this. I'd never do that. I'm a small publisher but none of my works EVER carry paid for adds, ever, ever, ever!

For many years the evidence has made it monumentally clear that the golden dollar coin was complete folly. Wal-Mart got duped, right? They jumped off the train. It was literally as bad a craven hoax as the self-service industry has ever seen, right?

Apologies are needed. Bill, kind sir, needs to do far more of this sort of critical review. Let me offer more examples: Why haven't you hired professional reviewers to look at the written works of the authors in this industry? Publications selling for $100, over $100

So why didn't the good Mr. Pitzer pull the trigger on this golden coin folly just as he did on DH? Why hasn't he hired reviewers for the literature? I admit he allowed a posting on the review of The Car Wash Appraisal Handbook. I am pointedly suggesting he have reviews of other written works done as well as things like to dollar coin.

I've spent some time with Bill; we disagree on many political topics. Still, I think our low tolerance for BS and our desire for objective information are in concert. He's no fool and by no means hesitant to call Bull spit just what it is. I admire that.

Bill?

Patrick H. Crowe, www.carwashappraisal.com

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I guess they're just trying to drum up some business. It's tough times right now for any company that manufactures SS equipment, and not much else. I haven't seen one self serve built in my area ( about 800K people) in a couple of years and absolutely no one even mentioning it.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
Please dont see this as an attempt to defend D&H, as they are still on my list of cautionary vendors, but about six weeks ago I ordered a VendMaster from them. I dealt with Josh, yes he is a real person. He was polite and worked many different quotes for me in a timely fashion. They returned my calls and emails as well. I also received the vendor in 3 days. It was an overall great experience. The experience had started to change my thoughts on GDH, but I will still be careful after reading this topic.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I have had a so-so experience with D/H. I tried to buy some vac decals that took about 6 weeks to get. I got them, but I had to do a fair share of prodding.

I also have worked with Josh on trying to do some modifications to my vendor. He was a huge help and I would gladly work with him again.

I think the biggest problem was that there wasn't an actual response to any of the threads. That was what irked me the most.

Pat: What is your deal with the gold dollars? It's US currency. Car washes need to push these as much as possible. Do you realize how much money is wasted on printing low value currency? I for one can't wait to have only dollar coins in my changers. It will make life so much easier.

BTW: I got the bulletins and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them. Good advice. I am only about a quarter of the way through them now. As agreed, I will post a review once I finish them. :D

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Pat, drop the golden coin debate, we have all heard the debate, nothing is different until the gov. kills the dollar bill. I don't need this thread hijacked.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
this thread took an odd turn and veered off track. i think it's better to try and stay 'on topic' and if you have another issue/idea start a new thread.

i'm giving this advice to myself, too, cause i'm certain i have done the same thing but that doesn't make it right.