What's new

Derrrr David!!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm so glad to have some good friends who've 'got my back'.

I recently decreased my time per coin in my 2 SS bays. It's a necessary price increase and I can already see the difference it's making in added sales.

I was telling a friend about this and he said: "what about Cryptopay?". I said : " well, doesn't it adjust because I changed parameters within the Dixmor LED 6.???". He laughed his good, hearty, laugh and said: "NOOOOOOO; you have to go change parameters of c.p. , etc.".

Boy, do I still have alot to learn!!!!

Thanks JL!!!!!!!!!!!

chaz

Reaction score
What’s your s/s price? I’ve always gone with raising price and keeping time the same. To me...reducing time is like putting less icecreme in the container.....hoping the customer doesn’t notice. In the case of a car wash....I’d think folks will wash quicker...sounds like not the case?

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW I always "prepare" for a startup increase by dropping the time per coin a couple seconds a month, then I increase both. It suddenly seems like they get a LOT more time.

soapy

Reaction score
My Etowah valley timers do the change on their own but I also just raised prices today and remembered to adjust the wash gear and wash card prices.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What’s your s/s price? I’ve always gone with raising price and keeping time the same. To me...reducing time is like putting less icecreme in the container.....hoping the customer doesn’t notice. In the case of a car wash....I’d think folks will wash quicker...sounds like not the case?
I’m at $3 start. I raised it from $2 awhile back. Maybe it’s the same as the shrinking candy bar or bag of chips. It’s not that I don’t care. However, an increase was needed, so this was a compromise, instead of raising startup to $4. There are only 2 ways to raise price.

chaz

Reaction score
I’m more curious if a reduced time actually generates more income or just those that only do the min start just working faster...though I guess that could result in more turnover? Perhaps the reduced time is a first step to later increased time and a price raise?

I’m not sure your vac price. A bit over a year ago I went from $1 for 4 min to $2 for 6 min. Though I have an occasional person drive off, as most vacs in my area are still $1....my income is way up on vacs, customers, seem to appreciate more time. I always keep my vacs in top shape. When I made the decision I figured even if I lost 1/2 my revenue....I’d still be ahead based on reduced maintenance etc. I actually even have less trash thrown around.

DUH Darletta

Reaction score
Help,
I don't know how to set my time.
I purchased an old gas station, car wash set up a few years back and want to set the time, but have only have a smidgeon of an idea how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Timer 1.jpg

Attachments

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
For simplicity sake, let's say you want to charge $2 for 4 minutes. The number of coins is assuming quarters, so coins to start would be set at 8. 4 minutes broken into 8 coins is 30 seconds per coin. The time per coin switches would be added together and would be set as follows.

Hundreds of seconds - 0
Tens of seconds - 3 (30 seconds)
Seconds - 0

MEP001

Reaction score
Heed that warning and turn off the power before changing the settings. If you turn any of the settings to 0 and back to a value, the timer will forever be stuck on. In fact you might want to change those timers anyway since they will only accept up to 15 coins and anything above that will be lost. Most timers of that type take up to 255 coins now.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I never lower time, just raise the price. Customers pace themselves on how much time it takes to wash. Lowering the time makes them madder, you're not fooling them. I think it's a poor business practice.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never lower time, just raise the price. Customers pace themselves on how much time it takes to wash. Lowering the time makes them madder, you're not fooling them. I think it's a poor business practice.
FWIW: I raised my per swipe maximum charge on crypto pay to $15. I'm happy with the amounts I see on my report that are above $10 ( my old swipe limit).