What's new

Delete one and add one

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I am looking to add triple foam but need to delete one function any ideas? The bug prep switches to desalt in the winter
See picture
Also which triple foam would do the best
Triple foam conditioner
Triple foam polish
Triple foam ceramic
???

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
I vote for replacing the 8 position switches with 10s. Then move the bug off/desalt to between tire cleaner and presoak. You don't have spot free rinse? As far as triple foam we don't have ours installed yet but will probably go with ceramic. I brought up the freezing issue recently in another thread and apparently the only winter type there is would be the conditioner so you would need a blow down/anti-freeze system if you are in a freeze prone area.

OurTown

Reaction score
Of course you are in a freeze prone area if you have desalt. Duh....

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I vote for replacing the 8 position switches with 10s. Then move the bug off/desalt to between tire cleaner and presoak. You don't have spot free rinse? As far as triple foam we don't have ours installed yet but will probably go with ceramic. I brought up the freezing issue recently in another thread and apparently the only winter type there is would be the conditioner so you would need a blow down/anti-freeze system if you are in a freeze prone area.
Ok thanks good suggestion not sure if I have enough wires at meter box
We do have a blow blown system already in place and could easily tie the triple foam to blow down with the foam brush
I really like our blow down system blows out the wand and the brush currently and pumps RV FLUID in the wand

Roz

Reaction score
We use the JBS Glow Foam triple foam (comes with and without ceramic) as the colors pop and customers love the colors.
We upgraded our boxes from the 8 switch to the 12 switch and have more than one Rinse which we can use in the future if we add another function. Easy and cost effective to do.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use the JBS Glow Foam triple foam (comes with and without ceramic) as the colors pop and customers love the colors.
We upgraded our boxes from the 8 switch to the 12 switch and have more than one Rinse which we can use in the future if we add another function. Easy and cost effective to do.

What do you do with the triple foam in the winter to prevent freezing?

Roz

Reaction score
JBS makes a winter blend. We use that blend for entire winter instead of switching based on temp.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
JBS makes a winter blend. We use that blend for entire winter instead of switching based on temp.
do you use the low ph presoak and conditioner?
Whickgets used mor the conditioner or the ceramic?
Do you use the foam gun for both?

OurTown

Reaction score

It looks like they only make the winter formula in the conditioner.

Roz

Reaction score
We just use the regular winter blend. Frankly customers do not see or know the difference. They would notice if the gun freezes up.

washnshine

Reaction score
It looks like they only make the winter formula in the conditioner.
I might be wrong, but I think fellow forum members GregPack uses a ceramic foam made by Quest called Vantagloss in his self serve foaming gun. It is a top notch shine and protect product. You might want to PM him and find out how he is winterizing this product because it definitely is not just a soap. If you find out, share it with us - I’m curious too!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I think fellow forum members GregPack uses a ceramic foam made by Quest called Vantagloss in his self serve foaming gun. It is a top notch shine and protect product. You might want to PM him and find out how he is winterizing this product because it definitely is not just a soap. If you find out, share it with us - I’m curious too!
I'm in central Alabama so we just weep the few days a Year we need to.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
Have you looked at the price of it lately? It's gone up about 800% in the last 20 years.
Yea I know it’s a little over $3k for the system. It’s not bad if you say it real fast
Just wondering which one would get more use polish, conditioner or ceramic

washnshine

Reaction score
Yea I know it’s a little over $3k for the system. It’s not bad if you say it real fast
Just wondering which one would get more use polish, conditioner or ceramic
Results that can be seen will always get used more. If you are dispensing scented soap, people may like the look and smell, but might also realize over time it does nothing. If you are enhancing shine/gloss/smoothness of the finish and water repellency and it smells and looks good, your customers won’t stop using it.