What's new

Daves does Petwash

Eric H

Reaction score
There is one here in Leominster. It is just a regular groomers tub that you pay a flat fee to use. It is not the SS dog wash that we are accustomed to. I've been in a few times, they are the primary reason that I am not "hot" to get into that business. I wash my two dogs in the bath tub at home.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I am seeing more and more of those type things showing up at pet shops, groomers, etc. I think it is a good fit for them. In my case, I can't justify converting a bay or adding a pet wash. I just can't make the numbers work.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am just about 80% done with my plans, but I am having a hard time justifying the numbers. On the high end of what people are reporting as monthly revenue, I am looking at a 5-6 year ROI.

We will see, I want to see what the rest of the winter holds for me.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
A dog wash is a nice addition. It can bring some customers to the wash that might not have normally come to it. Unless your bays are not averaging very well I think it would be tough to use an existing bay to install the dog wash. A decent bay should probably average more than a dog wash would.

MEP001

Reaction score
rph9168 said:
A decent bay should probably average more than a dog wash would.
That's what I keep hearing, also that there's more maintenance involved with a pet wash than a single self-serve bay. There's a lot of unused land behind our wash and I'd like to utilize it, but I don't see a freestanding pet wash building paying off.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
MEP, Hard to decide on a free standing unit. The most successful ones I have seen are part of the building. There are also some modular setups that are already to go. All you need is to run power, water and sewer but I have not seen one in operation. I have no doubt that in some situations a pet wash would be an asset but not in others. The ones I have seen that are successful are usually around other businesses like a small mall or a cluster of several retail stores. In an area where you are pretty much isolated I would guess would make it less likely to succeed. In either case, as part of regular daily maintenance program I don't think it would add that much work depending on the set up.