What's new

D & S Vendor problems

8flyer

Reaction score
Hey all, anyone know how to keep the Armor all pacs and others from falling through the front spiral? They get caught on the way down as well. I just purchased this thing and I am now thinking I goofed! Thanks-Kevin

Attachments

washnvac

Reaction score
You goofed. That thing is a p.o.s.!! Make that a huge p.o.s. I moved spirals to different positions, installed the little clips. No matter what you do, it hangs up frequently. It is just simply the poorest of designs. At one of the trade shows I complained to these guys, and they informed me that the product had to be folded slightly at the bottom for it to fall properly. I informed them that I did not just pay $4k to spend time folding items. I would not recommend this vending machine to anyone. Also, I have had nothing but problems with the MEI cashflow. It has low acceptance for programmed tokens. It just failed completely for the second time. Fortunately I found it new on EBAY for less than $200.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've had the spiral type vendors for many years. I have taken the little plastic clips and put them on backwards (facing in) and that seems to stop them from falling out. Also, you can cut some length off of the spiral and then stretch it back out to not quite as long as it was before. Make damn sure you have the end secured before attempting to stretch one of those things, they hurt when they snap back into your fingers. Lastly, the AA packages have been changed and should vend much better. You next case should work better.

Sadly, the other posters opinion of your machine seems to be the concensus.

washme1

Reaction score
D & S Vendor Problems

Two suggestions: Fold the bottom of the packet backwards so that it slips under the spiral loop in front of it. Use product pushers on the spiral. If they did not come with the vendor you can buy them from any company that sells glass front snack vendors. They are a plastic wedge that snaps onto the spiral. Install it backwards on the top of the spiral so that it pushes the product back towards the spiral instead of pushing it out.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You need to cut the bottom flaps off the AA sponge packs and ensure the sponges are at the bottom of the pouch to vend properly. I also put a wire accross the top row about a 1/4 from the top of the items in that row (to stop them from falling top first and catching on the glass).

They now vend everytime, but I agree with everyone that this thing is a POS.

BigLeo

randr2010

Reaction score
Yes...the machine has issues but you can make the adjustments suggested and it will work fine. Yes, I tape back the base of every product and put on product kickers which D&S sent me to fix. I had to replace the plexi-glass front with a piece of Lexan for great strength and I made a shield to prevent the coins from popping out of the coin shoot. I also went through and drilled in some retaining pins on each of the spirals because of my young vandals that figured out how to spring them (they were 3, 5, & 7 years old with pink dresses and pony tails). Even with all these issues, the machine paid for itself in less than a year. I really didn't have many choices because of space constraints for installation. I've had a smooth 3 year run with the machine after adjustments but yes I had my frustrations initially.

mac

Reaction score
Are you guys sure that it is made by D&S? It looks much like the IVS/GinSan unit. Just curious.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
weve got an ivs, and you cant read the darn display during a sunny day...the display is not even in direct sunlight, ive seen too many frustrated customers walk away from the machine because they could not read it....im able to catch them and get what they want, but how many do i not see? pos, for sure...too much lost revenue

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
We have two of the older D&H vendors approximately 12 yrs old and they have been reliable but you have to work with them. If you simply load them without thought, they will jam. I fold back the bottoms of the armorall packs and the little trees air fresheners,and some other products. The vendors were at the washes when I hired on and they jamed at least two to three times a week. I had to make them work and started noticing where and how they jamed and made corrections. Now they might jam once in three weeks or less. I restrict who I allow to load them because some of my help just don't pay attention to the detail. I like the presentation of these vendors because the customers can see what they are getting. Our customers like them and we vend a very reasonable amount of product every month.

mac

Reaction score
It seems pretty obvious that most operators would prefer a clear faced electronic vendor, but there are still major issues to address. And the frustrating thing is that these issues have been known for some time and the basic two people making them don't seem to be able to address them. Fix them and you will sell more of them. Chadpalmer was right on about the display on the IVS/GinSan unit. It is only readable in low light conditions. On sunny days, or heaven forbid in direct sunlight, it's useless. (BTW, chad, are you the Palmer from Bonita Springs?) IVS should come out with a daylight readable one and offer it as a retrofit. Look at the numbers on these vendors. If you want to vend electronically with the drop shelf vendors, you will spend many many thousands more by using drop shelves rather than one of these.