What's new

D & S Quicksilver Problem

washme1

Reaction score
The oscillating jets in the gantry are stuck. The weird thing is that 6 of them are pointing all the way to the driver side, the 2 on the right are pointing to the passenger side. Can't observe them manually because they never oscillate when you start the oscillator from the controller. Can only observe when running a wash. When doing so, there is too much spray due to the jets splashing around the inside of the gantry. When I disconnect the airline from the oscillator valve, I can sweep all the jets sweep back and forth as they are supposed to by moving the oscillator drive bar manually. The display on the computer says oscillator motor. There is no oscillator motor, they are driven by the air valve. I Really can't understand how the jets can be pointing in opposite directions when the linkage to the oscillator drive bar appears to be intact. There is a blinking red light on the valve which I assume is indicating that the it is getting an intermittent pulse to operate the valve as it should. Is the problem in that valve? If so, is there a chance I can disassemble it and find some debris?

washme1

Reaction score
Resolved.

It was the coil for the air solenoid. I assume that the issue regarding the direction of the nozzles was an optical illusion due to the spray ricocheting off of the gantry.