What's new

D&S odyssey

Etowah

bonanza1

Reaction score
looking to add a soft touch next to a touchless automatic,trying to get some feed back on the D&S ODYSSEY THANKS.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
bonanza1, we installed ours in the middle of 2008 and really like it. There is a learning curve but not terribly difficult to operate. I think, like so many others, that your distributor is extreamly important because you will have questions on the tweaking & operation of it. D&S has a really good school that is helpful. The odyssey does a fantastic job of cleaning cars! Anything we can help you with just holler.
Jimbeaux

captain cw

Reaction score
Unless you are only looking at the Odyssey, I would also look at the Ryko SoftGloss. When it comes to five brush friction rollovers, they are all attempts to copy the SoftGloss. May as well look at the company with the most history. That being said, I love my SoftGloss, making me a homer. I agree with the last post. The distributor and support is the most important decision you will make. Make sure they understand and have a solid history with the equipment you are purchasing. Don't be anybody's guinea pig.

8flyer

Reaction score
I bought the Odyssey and wished I bought the Soft Gloss! Don't waste your money.

8flyer

Reaction score
8Flyer-

I thought you liked your odyssey? what problems are you having?
Well, I do like my Odyssey it's just that I had some issues with support from my previous D&S distributor and end user tech support from the factory is virtually non-existant. I now have a VERY knowledgable distributor and things are better there. D&S needs to have some sort of end user support program though. If they would fix that issue I would most likely buy another. -Kevin

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is (unless you have been calling the wrong number), but I have been doing business with D&S for over 6 years now and I have found tech support to be excellent.

8flyer

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is (unless you have been calling the wrong number), but I have been doing business with D&S for over 6 years now and I have found tech support to be excellent.
No problem now Mike. i think that they now understand/agree that there are times that they need to help the End user (me) when my distributor isn't available for support. BTW, the unit has been kickin a$$ lately w/ no problems! :D -Kevin