What's new

D&S i5000 Report and a Question

Red Baron

Reaction score
Well I've ran around 15,000 cars through my 2 new i5000s. They have worked very well, tons of wash recipe options, and they have had very few issues after the customary intitial bugs.

One issue I'm having, is the same one I had on my old 5000 unit also. If a customer fails to get on the tredle in the alloted time, the equipment is down until I come and trip the breaker to reset it. The next customer at my Gold Line can pay as usual, but then he gets the mesage: Please Wait Car Wash In Use.

Any suggestions?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
On my Mark VII, I had my dist install a PLC to reset my machine in the event a wash was loaded and not used. If the wash is loaded and not used within 15 minutes the PLC will toggle reset, wait three seconds and toggle reset again. The 2nd reset is to clear a stacked wash if there happens to be one.

MikeV

Reaction score
I don't understand why manufacturers don't program automatic resets. When a customer buys a wash at my car wash and they don't make it to the treadle in time (3 minutes) the wash cancels their wash and is automatically ready for the next car. If they start the wash and move off the treadle, it cancels their wash and automatically resets for the next wash.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I don't understand why manufacturers don't program automatic resets. When a customer buys a wash at my car wash and they don't make it to the treadle in time (3 minutes) the wash cancels their wash and is automatically ready for the next car. If they start the wash and move off the treadle, it cancels their wash and automatically resets for the next wash.
I agree, but in fairness to D&S, I think theirs is designed to do that but for some reason mine never has.

I.B., did they install the PLC on your ACW or in your ER?

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
On the water wizard I think the default setting for reset is 90 sec. to hit the treadle, also I believe it is adjustable.
You might want to look into your programs more deeply to see if there is an app for that setting.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Per my dist's instructions, I tried to recreate this issue the other day. I tried for 45 minutes, every which way I could imagine, including stopping short of the tredle, then going beyond, etc. I could not make it not work. Maybe I should drive back and forth across the tredle 9 times to recreate some of my customers' methods???

The D&S setup seems to be darn near idiotproof. I'm convinced that anyone who can't make it work, should surrender their drivers license or sober up.