What's new

D&S i5000 Gantry Stuck Error

Red Baron

Reaction score
I'm getting a Gantry Stuck error and the gantry to down at the rear when I get there. I'm assuming the sensitivity on the Telco eyes need adjusted but not sure how to do this.

Help?

robblackburn

Reaction score
d7s 5000 gantry stuck

I'm getting a Gantry Stuck error and the gantry to down at the rear when I get there. I'm assuming the sensitivity on the Telco eyes need adjusted but not sure how to do this.

Help?
I have had the same issue on an older 5000. It could be a few things:

1) One of the prox switches could be stuck on when it should be off. In my case the front prox switch would stick on sometimes and the machine would shut down in the rear like you are describing.

2) Check the solenoid that drive the machine forward on the hydraulic pump. If this solenoid is bad it normally seems to fail on busy days after many cars and it will be hot to the touch.

3) Could be the eyes like you described. I have had the same problem in the winter from all of the hot water in the bay and the eyes cannot see thru. I turned down the hot water so did not have as much steam but eventually ended up replacing the eyes.

Red Baron

Reaction score
My philosophy is to always check the easy things last. :)

It was 1 of the tensioner wheels that hold the gantry ends snug against the rail had loosened up, letting that side of the gantry tslip and get out of alingment. It was a 5 minute fix once I realized what it was. Natrually I assumed it was the IR eyes since I'd adjusted them yestrday.

Gonna Locktite those as they seem to want to back off.

One thing about these i5000s, they're easy to work on and light weight enough to manhandle into position when needed.

Also kudos to Westech Supply - not too many dists who're reachable on the Sunday morning following Christmas.

Reaction score

Our 5000 that is about 11 years old has a real problem stopping in front! Its a pain it the a--. you have to go and manually reset it.... If we replace it with a I 5000 ganty I hope the eyes are better at detecting an obstruction.