What's new

D&s 5000

keepmclean

Reaction score
Guys,
I am new to the forum, but I wonder if someone can offer some help.
I have a D&S 5000 that has performed well until recently.
The problem I am having has to do with my presoak. I installed a new 30 gallon drum of presoak with new gray foot valves. At first, everything worked well, but now I am having water pushed back into the presoak. The drum was down about two inches at first. Now it keeps filling with water. I am running both passes on the single presoak, which has always worked well. Can someone please offer some troubleshooting tips? I am lost....

Thanks in advance!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Your foot valves are bad. If you had blue ones and they lasted, might as well go back to them. You can eliminate the problem of water siphoning back to the barrel when a foot valve fails by cutting a small hole in the tube in your mixed tank, above the liquid and below the restrictor in the hose.

keepmclean

Reaction score
Thanks MEP.
I will change them out again. Thanks for the advice. We will see what happens!!

Louise

Reaction score
Also, check your injectors. Recently I have had a batch where the small O-ring inside gets displaced and let's water flow back into the barrel.

MEP001

Reaction score
Louise said:
Also, check your injectors. Recently I have had a batch where the small O-ring inside gets displaced and let's water flow back into the barrel.
There are no injectors on the D&S 5000.