What's new

D&S 5000 Traffic lights

DECarwash

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a D&S 5000 that's about a year old, and the traffic lights that we have seem to be confusing the customers. It has the basic red light/green light traffic lights installed on it. One outside the wash, and one inside. What happens is as a car exits the wash and is going through the dryers, the entrance traffic light goes from red to nothing at all. Well some customers think that means that they can pull in, so they pull in too early and then the car wash won't start for them. Is there a way to change the programming on the lights? I've looked through the D&S manual and can't find any information. Thanks.

-Mike

Reaction score
depending on what type of entry unit you have you could hold the car in the que until the other completely exits. (maybe makes and breaks a set of exit eyes?) to do this. Like a Hamilton I believe you can set the passive and active switch setting to get this result? Not 100% on that but something of that nature may work?

MEP001

Reaction score
The lights are probably wired wrong. There is a separate output for the "STOP" light for the entrance and in the bay, and the entrance light is probably wired together to the bay circuit. The entrance "STOP" light should remain lit until the "GO" light comes on. There is nothing you can change for that in the programming.

Reaction score
The problem is that when the car comes off treaddle the red light goes off but the green light won't come on until dryer turns off. I don't think there is a way to keep red light on until dryer cuts off but I will research it and get back to you.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
There is a way. You can use a relay as an interrupt, signaled from the bay plate and/or dryer. Logic. Drier on, red light on. For front light only.

Reaction score
D & S Stop & Go Light

Hi Mike, After speaking to D & S there is a fix for keeping the red light on at entrance until dryer cuts off, it will keep red on until green turns on, I will have my guys fix when we deliver chemicals this week

dogwasher

Reaction score
It's rediculous...D&S to come up with a fixs on this now! It should have been addressed from the beginning...what are we living in the 1900s?? I had the same problem and D&S's fix was to wire in the light so its "always" red until the relay closes for the green light. I had numerous customers jumping the red light, Now I have two red lights on all the time.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Hi Mike, After speaking to D & S there is a fix for keeping the red light on at entrance until dryer cuts off, it will keep red on until green turns on, I will have my guys fix when we deliver chemicals this week
Could you help me out and let me know how they are fixing this issue?
I would really appreciate your help!!
My lights are wired so they are always RED even when not in use.
My attendant just informed me we have had a handful of customers tell him that they thought the Automatics were closed at night due to the red lights.

Thank you

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
When I had my equipment first installed and noticed that the light was red all the time unless it was green, my first order of business was to rewire so that the lights are just OFF during none use. I thought it gave the impression that the washes were shut down. I also had trouble with people going in too early until recently. DS sellsa nice stainless steel sign that fits right on top of the stop/go light that says "Wait for green light before entering." This has eleminated 90% of the early entries.