What's new

D & S 5000 problem

Dale

Reaction score
I have two of the older D & S 5000,s at two different locations. For 9 months I have been very happy with them. For the last two weeks one of them I can only get to work on the first two wash levels; on three & four where the "undercarriage" comes on, the Gantry & everything else moves/works with the flashing of the information board. In other words move a foot stop move a foot stop, etc...:(:confused:I wonder has anyone ever experienced this problem? Please help. Thanks, Dale

Dale

Reaction score
After this freeze week gets behind us a D & S tech will be coming to look at the problem. I will let everyone know what the problem is once corrected. Thanks for comment. Dale

Red Baron

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is but I'd put tape over the top 2 option buttons because that constant herky-jerky stop-go can only be hard on things. I cringe everytime my dist jerks my gantry back and for like that...especially after having spent $4,000+ to replace a busted main driveshaft on the gantry.

My new i5000s seem to have the same diameter gantry driveshaft, but the aluminum gantry weighs a lot less so I'm sure it's much less strain on the chain, sprockets, and shaft.