What's new

D/H Vendmaster

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My D/H Vendmaster accepts both coins and bills and credits them correctly. However when a customer makes a selection nothing happens. The spirals do not move. I have a spare coin acceptor and put that in but that didn't help. Any suggestions as to what to look for?
Thanks

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Check the wire connections to each shelf and the harness back to the controller. Make sure they are well seated.

washnvac

Reaction score
When mine did that it was something on the control board. I sent it to S. Thomas & Associates for repair. I think it was about $100 to fix. It has been fine since.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I can't find anything that seems loose. It accepts the money and the key pad is working but it always blinks "make alternate selection". Maybe I will call S Thomas tomorrow. I sent the coin mechanism to a company called Vender repair service in Ga. So you think it may be circuit board?

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
Check the manual for instructions on how to perform a "Motor Test". Basically if the controller thinks a motor has failed it will permanently disable it. Sometimes the controller will disable all of the motors for no aparent reason. If you perform a motor test on all motors, each vend motor will spin one full revolution. When the controller sees that movement, it will re-enable vending.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Never got around to trying your suggestion and then today it started working again...

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
... and then it quit again. I just manually moved all the motors and it worked for a couple of vends. We will see.

pgrzes

Reaction score
whatever you do DONT call D&H!!!!!! I sent control board and coin acceptor out to them last summer, went the whole summer without my vendor. Then after numerous phone calls I finally get parts back and nothing works!!!!! Went over the wiring with D&H they had me hook it up WRONG!!!!! sent coin acceptor again, still did not work!!!!!! Called Aecco Sales. they do the work for D & H. They were very nice and helpful. The D & H tech had me plug the board in wrong and screwed the coin acceptor up. I will NEVER buy anything from D & H and will take every opportunity to let people know how I was treated by them. The carwash industry is bad enough as it ism without having to deal with suppliers like them!!!!!\
If you have a front loader the boards get wet. They are expensive. also I had a couple of the plugs come off the motors form pulling the trays out to load. Best of luck.

Randy

Reaction score
There’s no need to get your panties all twisted up. The manufacture of the D/H Vendmaster is not D/H its RPD Vending http://www.rpdvending.com/ this has been common knowledge for years. A recon board is $140 and the Harness is $25.00. Unlike D/H they will answer the phone when you call.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Yeah, Randy hooked me up with those guys and I am back in business. I did have to remove the button cover things from my keyboard because my 6 wouldn't work. That wouldn't be a big problem but you need the 6 to program the price. All of the buttons work now but my keyboard is kind of naked. I was thinking of covering it with some flexible plastic for protection. Anybody have a better idea?
Now that my 6 works I have an extra slot for a $2 product. I'm selling AA spray, AA tire foam, wheel cleaner and a rain-x type product. Any suggestions for a $2 slot?