What's new

Customer service

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Is anyone else pulling their hair out with customer service? Leave voicemails, send emails, call and call. Can't get anyone to call me back, return emails. I'm literally throwing money at people to buy equipment and nobody seems to care anymore. Frustrating!

Lighthouse

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went to the grocery store for milk and ice cream. I noticed that the conveyor belt on the checkout register was very dirty. The clerk was nice enough and I paid and walked toward a woman who looked old enough to be the manager. I told her that the conveyor belt on aisle one was filthy dirty. She turned around and pointed to a younger girl bagging groceries And then said to me "tell her". I said "me???". I told everyone at the car wash business this story. I feel like we give excellent service and would never give a customer an answer like I got at the grocery store!

Even the IRS is not immune to poor customer service. I called them last week with an issue about my 941 payments. The customer service representative on the phone was very unprofessional and called me man several times.

soapy

Reaction score
For people who call me with a problem and leave a message I will call back 2 or 3 times. If they have voice mail I will leave a message and not call again. Century link phone service and internet went out at my house last week. I called them to report it and got a message to go on line to report outages. I did that 3 times and still no response from them and no phone service yet but internet is working. Looks like after 40 years I will be canceling Century link. I found a local internet provider that is faster and cheaper.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
My biggest beef has been with contractors. Everyone here is crazy busy, and I get it, but if I call multiple times and leave a voicemail, at least call me back and say you can't get to it, or you're not interested. If you say you will get me a bid, then don't make me call 3 or 4 more times and not answer your phone. If you don't call me back, then I remove you from my contacts. The next time I need something and you're begging for work to keep busy then I'll look elsewhere. I don't understand how people don't get, that to be successful long term, you have to have a consistent product/work ethic/professionalism. That's what carries you through the good times and the bad times.

Lighthouse

MEP001

Reaction score
My biggest beef has been with contractors. Everyone here is crazy busy, and I get it, but if I call multiple times and leave a voicemail, at least call me back and say you can't get to it, or you're not interested. If you say you will get me a bid, then don't make me call 3 or 4 more times and not answer your phone. If you don't call me back, then I remove you from my contacts. The next time I need something and you're begging for work to keep busy then I'll look elsewhere. I don't understand how people don't get, that to be successful long term, you have to have a consistent product/work ethic/professionalism. That's what carries you through the good times and the bad times.
This has been the same sort of "customer service" I've been getting from car wash distributors lately. I called two different companies this past Friday and asked for information, one for a part number and one for a wiring diagram. Both said they'd email it right over. I didn't get either one of them until Monday.

I keep calling several other companies to get parts, pricing, or other information, and most of them never have a way to speak to a person. I leave voicemails and no one ever calls back. One of them got a part number wrong after I emailed a purchase order, so I tried to call immediately before they could ship it wrong. Couldn't get hold of a person at all. I also emailed about the problem immediately and got a reply with it corrected after about an hour.

I have about 40 customers, and all but one prefers to pick up a phone to place an order, the one oddball likes to send his via email. One guy will order most of his stuff from Kleen-Rite, but he's glad to pay more through me if he has to describe something for me to figure out. If he doesn't have a part number to read off to Kleen-Rite, he won't order it from them because he knows they just guess.

Wash4Life

Reaction score

Lighthouse
They're just caught up in the moment and not thinking that at some point, there will be a lean time. So many places take for granted the customers will always be there at their convenience.

mac

Reaction score
Bad move to call anyone on Fri afternoon for almost anything.

soonermajic

Reaction score
This is the world now. The work foece has shrank up to nearly nothing. We HAVE TO STOP GIVING people everything. Just like forgiving student loans
WTH is the deal with that? You don't "FORGIVE" loans! I didn't get jack$hit from Covid PPEs forgiveness etc...
My son is 27 & owes $30,000 in student loans
My advice, "pay what you owe son, & don't d that $hit again"!
Every service business is STILL advertisin "Help wanted". Yet we're told there's 3% unemployment? Seriously, wtf is up with that LiE?!!!🧐🙄😡😡

Randy

Reaction score
The news media doesn’t like to publish the actual unemployment rate and that rate is the U-6 rate and it’s at 6.80%. They like the U-3 rate because that makes the economy look better than what it really is, the current U-3 rate is 3.7%.