What's new

Customer Service Question`

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Hello, All,

I would like to offer a moist towel to my tunnel customers whom I frequently see cleaning their dash/instrument panel while traveling through the tunnel. I currently have a roll of dry towelletes and a bucket with slit top to facilitate dispensing, but am uncertain of a product to moisten with.

Has anyone gone this route and what works well to keep these things damp?

Years ago, Armor All had some great sample packs of cleaner & protectant that were perfect as give-aways, but I'm told they were left-overs from a one time promo. Sure do miss them.

Thanks.

TheDoc

Reaction score
There are a variety of "pop up" cleaning wipes available in the market and even some offered in larger commercial packaging.Feel free to email me directly and I can suggest a few sources.

buda

Reaction score
Wipes

If you are feeling generous you can buy pre-package wet-wipes in a plastic bag, even with your name on them.

Our solution was to buy cases of 8" x 8" dry towels and put them in a container that we filled with glass cleaner to keep them moist. Worked very well, could be used on windows and dash, etc.

We paid about $40 for a case of the dry towels.

Glass cleaner was cheap.

Regards
Bud Abraham

Chiefs

Reaction score
We offer the customer a moist, disposabe towel. They are scrim reinforced and cost about 5 cents apiece. There are 900 to a case with 6 boxes of 150 per case. We simply use water- the universal solvent with them

E.Joramo

Reaction score
We offer the customer a small terry cloth towel for use in wiping down there car. The cashier hands them the towel, they use it and then hand it back to the dryers at the end of the tunnel and in turn they wash it in the unimac and then run it through the extractor just long enough to keep the towel moist. Occasionally, the customer will hold onto the towel and do some additional wiping and return the towel a few minutes later.
Erik

Grey 2003

Reaction score
We just bought a bag of used/cleaned surgical towels from a local cleaning company. They sell them by the pound and we just moisten them in the morning and throw them in the wash after each use. Who cares if the customer keeps them, because they cost next to nothing.

Chiefs

Reaction score
Most Exterior only washes don't have laundry equipment.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Courtesy Towels

Thanks for all the ideas. I had some Simple Green on hand and put about half an ounce into a gallon of water and dropped the roll into it. Customers love them!

It's the little things that count!

Mr. Clean