What's new

Customer calls for accommodation

n00bie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is first time I had a customer call complain that as she go to the self serve, something punch a "big" hole in her tire. She says she had to replace the tire with her injured foot. So she left a message if there's any accommodation. What should I do?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would just ignore it. You probably won't hear from her again.

On a side note, I would like to see her car going down the road on three wheels and a lame foot...:D

n00bie

Reaction score
Hi I.B. Washincars
:D
Thanks for the advice. When she said that I kind a feel bad and want to offer her a few free wash but afraid she wants more than that. I'm so inexperience on this

Randy

Reaction score
I have to agree with I. B Washincars. Just ignore her and don't talk to her if she calls again. Why would you feel bad for her and want to give her free car washes? How do you know she got the flat tire at your car wash. I've gotten so many bull $hit phone calls from customers over the years some of them are pretty funny, but most are pretty stupid.

n00bie

Reaction score
Hi Randy,
I don't know. I just feel like to believe in her :D.I'll take both of you advice! Thanks!

Eric H

Reaction score
Is there something in your SS bay that would punch a "Big hole" in a tire? Unless there was something in there left from another customer, a displaced grate cover or something, how could I be your fault?
How does the lame foot come into play here? "I had to change a tire with an injured foot!" How about "I lost a quarter in your machine and I have E.D.!" They are just adding a detail to gain some sympathy and to sway you emotionally into giving them something for free.
BTW If I had to make a wild guess on what really happened I'd say she scrubbed a curb on the way to your wash.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
True Story:

I had a young girl in her 20's with a dead battery in one of my bays. I happened to be there and told her I would go back home to get my jump box. I got her car started and then she happened to look at one of her tires and it was almost flat. She "Instantly" told me she must have picked up a nail from the CW! I guess she thought she had a "Sucker"! I looked at her and said, "Are you serious?!?!?....Look Around, there aren't any nails or screws anywhere here"..."Plus I just went out of my way to get you started and now your going to accuse me for your flat tire!!!" ....She thought about it for a second and quickly backed down and apologized...This is how a lot of the young are being taught, to always play the victim....Some never grow out of it! My favorite saying..."They Are Everywhere"...Don't ever let your guard down!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would say it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience, however the facility is accessible to the public. While there i nothing about your facility that can cause a tire to go flat, hazards are everywhere the public travels and jut as the city is not responsible for what the public my do on the roads, you are not responsible for what they may have done at your facility. Here is a coupon for a free wash. We expect you wlll have a positive experience next time.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
My suggestion is to get rid of your phone.

I don't publish a phone number for my SS, only an email address where they can message me with any comments or concerns. Changing to that method really cut down on the number of .... claims .... I received. It requires a little more effort than dialing a phone, plus it makes them document something in writing.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have a phone number posted and I've never received a call for a phony claim. I've gotten a couple where a bay was taking money and not starting (Thanks, Slugbuster EZ and the crappy latch) and neither person even asked for a refund. I also have an email address but I haven't posted it around the wash yet.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
When I had a phone, I got a call from a customer. He put a $1 bill in, and instead of receiving a $1 token a quarter dropped.

I apologized, explained that maybe 1 in 10,000 times a quarter will slip through when the dollar tokens are sorted from quarters. I apologized for the inconvenience and offered him a free $5 car wash. (Standard procedure for any complaint.)

He said: "I want to know you are fixing the machine." I explained again it was a coin sorting issue. He hung up.

A few weeks later I received a written complaint lodged with the Better Business Bureau. I responded to them, explained what took place, and that I had offered him a free $5 car wash for the inconvenience. The person hung up, called him, then called me back with the address to mail the tokens to. Never heard from him again.

About a week later the BBB rep called me asking me to sign up and join their organization. I said: "You just came after me for a seventy five cent claim, and now you want me to join as a member? We agreed that would not be happening.

MEP001

Reaction score
The BBB is a scam now. I used to work for someone who was called by them wanting him to sign up, promising they would help his business by handling complaints. When he said no thank you, they threatened to post him online with an F rating. He told the guy "I'll take your F rating in exchange for a f*** you." Since he wasn't a member they couldn't post a rating for him so nothing beyond his business name ever showed.

Randy

Reaction score
I’ve gotten the same BS calls from the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce. I don’t where I’d need to join either one of them for a small neighborhood car wash. When they call and want you to join they act like you’re putting them out for not joining.