What's new

Currency Counters...

Twodose

Reaction score
Those of you using bill counters, what brand are you using?, and do you like the brand you use, or would you recommend a different brand?

I think my old Brandt counter is about to crap out.

seattleguy

Reaction score
I bought this one and it terrific. Really saves time as it can separate different denomination bills and can run a total count of bills unsorted and give total $ amount.

jimbeaux

Reaction score
We have used a Glory currency counter for years and love it. It finally needed new belts and they sent a representative to our location. Completely went through it, cleaned and replaced all worn parts and the total charge was less than $500.
Great customer service.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I got a cheap one too for about $200 off ebay 3 years ago. It has worked fine since. Just counts. However, when I go to the bank to do my deposits, they seem to have all kinds of problems counting my bills. Perhaps they need some cheap machines too :)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have had a cummins jetscan two for about ten years. It really speeds up the counting process. I boght it when I was dealing with a much larger volume of bills and it was a lifesaver. They are not cheap but if you do enough volume the two pocket machines are worth the extra cost.

I'm not sure what the most efficient process is, but I run the money several times. The first time is in "Orient" mode. Its counts the money and sends all the bills oriented in one direction to the upper pocket, then all the bills oriented the other way to the lower pocket. It gives you the total money counted in both pockets for accounting purposes. I then use "stranger" mode which sorts the bills by denomination, placing the bill to be strapped in the top pocket, all other bills go to the bottom pocket. You run through one pass for each denomination. I then add up the strapped money with a calculator to ensure it agrees with the number I got on the "orient" pass"- so the money has essentially been oriented, counted twice, and strapped. It sounds time consuming but it takes me about twenty minutes to turn a bucket containing 2K of bills into a nice, neat, strapped deposit. The deposits are correct 99% of the time. The other 1% is usually attributed to human error (me).

I take all bills face up in the machines but if you want to take them face down you could run an additional pass.

I couldn't imagine counting a large cash deposit by hand anymore. I'm sure I'd manage if I had to, though. :)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I also have the CJ as cfcw and the youtube video. It is a lifesaver, can't imagine not having it. All of the steps cfcw described take only seconds each. This machine is a huge timesaver and is a must, especially if you have a large quantity of bills from time to time.

Diana

Reaction score
GLORY currency counter, sorter, discriminator GFR-S60, purchased "used" on ebay. Should have purchased one when we opened the wash. Was looking for counter, wasn't looking for the sorter,discriminator options but use those options every time. Counted by hand for 9 years, I wish I had that time back.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
GLORY currency counter, sorter, discriminator GFR-S60, purchased "used" on ebay. Should have purchased one when we opened the wash. Was looking for counter, wasn't looking for the sorter,discriminator options but use those options every time. Counted by hand for 9 years, I wish I had that time back.
I have the same Glory machine. Have had it for about 15 years. We'd be lost without it.

washnvac

Reaction score
Ditto with the Cumminns Jetscan 2-pocket. I have not hand counted money in 6 years. It was $4k new. But I have 4 locations; so $1k per location. It is unbelievable how easy money counting is now. Have not had any issues with it. Blow it out every few weeks, and it is good to go!