What's new

cta pump

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I recently added a cta to help clean wheels. I ordered the unit from Sonny's and it has one of those flo-jet pumps that are air powered. The pump is not pumping. I removed the hose past the solenoid and before the pump and have air there but can't seem to get the pump "flo-jetting" again. Any advice?
Thanks

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Disconnect the hose on the discharge side of the pump and try again. Maybe something is blocking the nozzles.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
nothing. I also removed the input hose and put it back just to relieve the pressure but it didn't help. Neither did tapping it or cussing it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Try this drop it 10-12 feet while on a latter I just did that with a new $334.00 motor for my Ryko OHD and it still works.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
Try putting a few drops of oil on the hose barb/check valve for the air that goes into the flow jet.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Crap, just return it for a replacemant. Why start off with a pump that is giving problems before you even get started. Whatever is happening may happen a dozen times later.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
When I put a little oil on it the pump started but still no foam. I took the chemical line loose in front of the foamers and chemical is pumping. I have air leaving the solenoid in the equip room so I'm saying I have air to the foamers as well. The plumbing on this thing is just a number of cheap (well flimsy at least, they sure as hell were not cheap!) plastic fittings. I'm rarely getting a break in the line today, and as a good Kentuckian, watching the NCAA tournament, so I just get a chance every now and then to work on it in the bay. I'm convinced my problem is out in the bay though.