What's new

Cryptopay yellow flashing

george361

Reaction score
Anyone experienced cryptopay swiper going to yellow flashing (not ready to accept credit card)? A power cycle restores but only for a few hours, verified that transactions are posting when taking cards.

Application is on a American changer Ac80001.

voltage to swiper checked 24v , swiper replaced , relocated coordinator and still will go into error while all other site swipers (not on a cashier)remain operational.

Cyptopay and American changer tech support are stumped.

Appreciate any ideas.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have not seen that issue but do you have a Cryptotap on there also? They can cause strange issues.

george361

Reaction score
Wanted to provide an update.
Still having this issue intermittently about ever 12-24 hrs.
Cryptopay has pushed out multiple firmware updates to try and support, unfortunately these have not resolved the issue.

I have a tech support request into American Changer, again.
I'm starting to see that integration of cryptopay would be a nice feature, it works nicely, when it works. But getting support has been difficult as American Changer and Cryptopay just blame each others hardware as the problem....

I welcome any ideas.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off your internet for several minutes and then turning it back on?
I get this once in a while and this works for me.

george361

Reaction score
I have not, when you see this occur and be solved by internet reboot are all of you cryptopay card readers in error? On my end my self cryptopay readers have no issues but my cashier cryptopay MDB reader will be connected as per portal but flashing yellow and will not process payment.

I have power cycled the coordinator

traveler17

Reaction score
the Only time I’ve had the yellow flashing is if my IBA is faulted out

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
from cryptopay website:

What do the CryptoPay LED colors mean?

Flashing Yellow: Out of Service Mode. Card reader will not accept a card swipe. All Self Service Bay and Vacuum card readers are shipped in this mode.

george361

Reaction score
Thanks Waxman. I get yellow flashing after I have the cascading colors and can process cards. It is like there is a communication issue that occurs over time after power up.

I’m giving up on cryptopay conversion. As weeks on the phone with tech support and no resolution is not something I can sustain any longer.

American Changer is no help and cryptopay is trying but this one is beyond their capability (they just keep sending me swipers and firmware to try).