What's new

Cryptopay Support/Help? Visa/mastercard issues

cityview

Reaction score
I have had tons of credit card issues with Cryptopay and their tech support never gets back to me. I was hoping someone here can help.

Cryptopay has been "down" 5 of the last 6 days. I say "down" in quotes because my issue has been intermittent for months but makes no sense.

Users get a "please swipe again" message. Sometimes NO cards work, often Discover does work, but visa does NOT work. This doesn't seem to make any sense. I often don't know its "not working" until I get an email that says "no charges were made for 24 hours"... so I go on site, try swiping my personal card, and it doesn't work. I look at the coordinator and it says there's no pending charges, but everything shows as being "up" and "working"

I haven't figured out how to fix it... I reset the coordinator, reset the router, reset it again, clean the readers with alcohol, Reset it a third time, get frustrated that its not working, send an email to cryptopay, then for some odd reason a couple of hours later one of two things happen- either I get a whole bunch of charges that go through at the same time (Like 40 charges at "8:01 am") from different customers, OR unfortunately more frequently, I just get a single charge to go through when someone tries it later and then things operate normally for a day or two until this happens again. At first it was very sporadic, as in it only happened occaisonally, but its happening way more frequently and I haven't been able to go 24 hours without it going "down" on me this week.

The one time I got a live support person he insisted it was probably a dirty reader, but this effects ALL my readers equally. They are either all up or all down.

Clearly this is costing me a LOT of money, and giving me some angry customers. The weirdest part is the Discover vs. visa thing. It will sometimes (not always) take Discover swipes from the test card but not visa, and I can go a day where i only get a handful of swipes- all of which I believe are discover, with visa still not working.

I was thinking of buying a new coordinator, but I have no idea if that would help. Has anyone seen this issue before? any ideas how to fix it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have only had issue if swiper, internet or coordinator was down. Lately I have been using the on line "Chat" feature and they seem to respond fairly quickly which is better than what happened with Citibank when the on line chat said a rep would be with me in 5 minutes.